Odd cycling habits/rituals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I tend to 'moo', 'baa' and 'quack' at animals I pass.
You must scare the living s**t out of any dogs or cats you pass.....

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
I always spoil my rides by turning on a phone 'ap' and then racing around trying to beat my fastest time and every one elses for no real reason or gain, I don't know why I do this but when I get home I waste time on my computer checking all the data and tutting on near misses of PRs and worst still 11th places. I really wish I could stop myself from this nasty pernicious habit but I just have too.

bpsmith

Veteran
Like this:
IMGP0804_edited-1.jpg

Is that a dentists mirror showing at the bottom of the wipe, to make sure that you don't miss any dirt?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fitted to an S-Works? Or is her trike just out of shot?
What do you honestly think the answer is?

Fubar

Guru
Does anyone have any cycling rituals or habits whilst out riding?

I quietly apologise to dead animals on behalf of whoever/whatever caused them to shuffle off their mortal coil as I cycle along - I realise that makes me sound like a bit of a mumbling crazy :wacko:, but there you go.

You've got me at it now! Saw a number of dead things today (badger being the worst) - apologised to all of them, no idea why.

Hi Cyril666
Does anyone have any cycling rituals or habits whilst out riding?

I quietly apologise to dead animals on behalf of whoever/whatever caused them to shuffle off their mortal coil as I cycle along - I realise that makes me sound like a bit of a mumbling crazy :wacko:, but there you go.

Hi Cyril. Yes I actually do a very similar thing and especially as I now live deeper in rural West Lancashire than I had previously done.
I actually recite two little mantras :-
1) If you were a male driver - I hope that your balls turn square and fester in the corners.
2) If you were a female - I hope your tits go flat at end up knocking your knees.
There are wood pigeons,pheasants,rabbits,hedgehogs,ducks and birds abound lying dead through the lanes of Bescar,Scarisbrick,Burscough,and the surrounding areas.
The greatest perpetrators of the carnage are White Van Man & Big Truck Man albeit tear-arse motorcyclists and regular car drivers have claimed their share.
I am looking forward to the day that a large bird takes the tear-arse motorcyclist out by hitting the black/smoked finish visors that so many wear and they become The Road Kill along with their unsuspecting victim.

By the way - I was a motorcyclist back in the 80's and early 90's - the difference being that I had respect for all other users of the road and airways across those roads as well as my own skin.

Top Bottom