Odd cycling habits/rituals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

up hill struggle

when I see rabbits & birds hoping around at the side of the shared path I give them plenty of warning that I'm far to fat to stop quickly & to stay where they are, normally gets a chuckle from anybody who's walking their dogs or joggers.

I also listen to my mp3 player when riding on the cycle path, loud enough for me to hear a bit of back ground music but not drown out the noise from other people, however I will sometimes start to sing quietly just load enough that I can hear myself forgetting that ive got ear phones on & am actually singing quite a bit louder than I realised, also take a song thats playing & makeup dirty or vulgar versions while I'm cycling alone only to realise somebody's sitting just behind me listening & decided not to pass.

ive also on occasion commented to myself on a fit girls figure only for her to throw a dirty look in my direction at which time I realise ive actually blurted out the words "nice ass" or "what wouldn't i do to that" instead of just thinking it, that happens often I have to say. Like one day at the doctors the doc bend down to get something from her bag wearing a loose fitting top which fell forward & I thought "there's the girls" to which she grabbed her top & sat up again rather quickly then burst out laughing when she realised I hadn't noticed id actually said it out loud, she keeps me going now calls it Roy walker syndrome (he used to say on catch phrase say what you see). Luckily she's open minded and up for a laugh.

AlanT82

I noticed this morning that when ascending a steep hill I say (not out loud) "and one and two and one and two..." in rhythm with my laboured pedalling. Don't think I always do it though.

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
I make huge car shift noises like a race car when I pull off from the lights and change up the gears...

Apologies to the granny who I overtook in Cambridge, you were the first person to hear this.

Top Bottom