Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The other 0.1% are answered with "because I said so".

100% answered with no

Dave7

Legendary Member
In 1837 explorers in Australia found a large hole that seemed to have no bottom/end to it. They wrapped a note around a large rock and dropped it down the hole. The note said "if anyone finds this note please reply". 2 days later it came back with a note saying "hello from London, England".
The explorers reported all this and the authorities were so frightened that they blocked the hole. To this day no one has been able to locate the hole again.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
In 1837 explorers in Australia found a large hole that seemed to have no bottom/end to it. They wrapped a note around a large rock and dropped it down the hole. The note said "if anyone finds this note please reply". 2 days later it came back with a note saying "hello from London, England".
The explorers reported all this and the authorities were so frightened that they blocked the hole. To this day no one has been able to locate the hole again.

The hole is at the bottom of the Thames and would drain it if they pulled the plug out. Luckily the rock went through a time warp and arrived in London during the frost fair of 1814. The plug was out for repair whilst the Thames was frozen.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The average four-year-old child asks 450 questions a day.

Why?

classic33

Leg End Member
According to a survey, bosses are most receptive to requests from their employees on a Wednesday. So if you’re going to ask for a pay rise or a holiday, make sure you do it on a Wednesday, people!

Top Bottom