Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I once ordered a "Plastic Cheeseburger" instead of a "Classic Cheeseburger" in Wimpy once.

Although, the result was the same

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Aware of their brand's poor public image, since the turn of the year all Audi dealerships have a designated "Courtesy Emissary" whose job it is to drive an Audi around all day indicating at junctions, stopping at zebra crossings, allowing other cars out into traffic, keeping a sensible distance from the car in front etc etc.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
During WW1 a Canadian soldier brought his pet bear to Britain. He named the bear Winnie after his home town Winnipeg and later donated the bear to London Zoo where a boy named Christopher Robin liked it so much it inspired his father to write about it, thus Winnie the Pooh.

He won't remember yesterday, never mind pre-decimal currency.

classic33

Leg End Member
In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week.

This gave rise to the saying, to wear your heart on your sleeve means being transparent with your affections.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
During the opening sequence of Apollo 13, when Lovell is racing home, a McDonald's billboard comes into view advertising a "Two cheeseburger meal" for $2.99 (a special that ran in the 90's)..

In 1969, McDonald's cheeseburgers cost 33 cents each, fries cost 26 cents, and a large soft drink was 20 cents (total cost of the same "two cheeseburgers" meal at full menu price in 1969: $1.12).
I trust you found that out from a web posting on imdb or something classic. Otherwise I fear for your future film going pleasure.

(I speak as someone who for a while got distracted by film scenes where there was a bike in background)

classic33

Leg End Member
McDonald’s first drive-through opened in 1975 in Sierra Vista, Arizona.

What inspired the then-revolutionary concept? The restaurant was located near a military base, and soldiers were not allowed to leave their cars while wearing fatigues.

Top Bottom