Oi! - shut up you noisy lot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
A while back, some uppity posh snob from Great Budworth made a post on the CyclingUK forum asking riders to stop shouting to each other as they passed through the village.
I know some people can have spectacularly big gobs, but surely even a Fiat 500 makes more noise than Lance Armstrong shooting up as he claims another cheated win?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can understand the problem, nothing sets me on edge more than shouting out in the street and I can imagine that elderly folk living in a quiet village would find it worrying. Seriously.

But the noise will be happening during daylight and only momentarily so I think the notice is a bit silly.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A while back, some uppity posh snob from Great Budworth made a post on the CyclingUK forum asking riders to stop shouting to each other as they passed through the village.
I know some people can have spectacularly big gobs, but surely even a Fiat 500 makes more noise than Lance Armstrong shooting up as he claims another cheated win?
To be fair, the issue in Great Budworth came about because cyclists were stopping at the roadside near the village for a pee. And the cyclists were swearing loudly as they passed through the village. Very popular cycling area so it was happening a lot

sheddy

Legendary Member
Could it be what is being said (sweary, potty mouth types) rather than just the volume ? Just wondered

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The sign may require planning permission - even though it may have deliberately been placed on 'private' land.

At the risk of stooping to their level, no harm in emailing a pic and an outline of the location to the planning department of whichever local authority covers the area.

screenman

Legendary Member
We do not know what upset the sign owner in the first place, there are plenty of thugs out there on bikes.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think a few people get the idea that, not being in a car, the cyclist is more vulnerable, a target for being bullied by a sign. For some, cycling is seen as not being in conformity with the rules of society, so a lower level of tolerance will be accorded. Anymore, generally, it seems that people are bothered by the slightest of things. Nothing like some real problems to put it all in perspective. Had a similar situation nearby. The residential to my north put up signs saying one could not fish, unless they lived in the two listed subdivisions, in the little pond nearby. I explained the basics of riparian ownership and public access from the adjoining trail when I was challenged about this. They decided to give up at about the word riparian.

Drago

Legendary Member
I can't ride two abreast you say?

mountain-435.jpg

Top Bottom