Oi! - shut up you noisy lot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Hope the the cows sheep fowls don’t disturbe the residents.Oh I forgot they don’t ride bikes.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
In an attempt to veiw this from the other perspective, it may be due to early morning club rides, where at a junction every rider feels compelled to bawl CLEAR at the top of their voice. It must get a bit wearing for the locals.

I get where you're coming from, but in this case there is no road junction in the village. Cyclists through this village are more likely to be shouting a warning of "TWAT IN A RANGE ROVER ON HIS/HER MOBILE PHONE".

Will Spin

Über Member
Several times recently I have heard people complaining about noisy cyclists, as well as the usual complaints about riding 2 abreast, jumping red lights etc etc. The noise complaint is a new one to me and quite surprising when compared with the general noise from other traffic, particularly motor bikes, and from cars being driven by people so deaf that they have the car stereo system turned up loud enough to be heard over a mile away.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Oh let's hope the TDY go's past then they will be spitting feathers. :laugh: What a bunch of planks have they nothing else to bother about. May have to ride that way and make some noise.

Drago

Legendary Member
Maybe we should organise a CC group ride past the area? I can guarantee the Retirement Thread section will make some loud farting and squelching noises.

gavgav

Guru
Saw this sign whilst out on my ride today.

View attachment 453980

It's at the entrance to the village of Upper Dunsforth just south of Boroughbridge in N Yorks. The village is on a very minor road, and consists of 20 to 30 mahoosive houses all with fancy motors on the drive. You can smell the money.

I cycle this route fairly regularly, and very seldom see another cyclist, so just don't get what the problem is?

The area is prime "horsey" territory so presume they don't object to equestrians clip-clopping their way up the street. It is also surrounded by farmland so will gets lots of noise from tractors working the fields etc.

Haters are always gonna hate, I guess.
:laugh: That’s hilarious! I’m sure their Chelsea Tractors make far more noise!!

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
I hope you rang your bell.

Didn't have one on the bike I was riding today, but I'm seriously considering getting one of these for the next time I go that way.

Airhorn.jpg

Top Bottom