Opinion's please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian123

I am after a road bike in a month or so and i have a few option's to look at.
I'm looking at a 1k price range and would appreciate opinion's and knowledge if anyone has ridden my choice's
or if you could advise on another bike.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked numerous time's but with your input i can make an imformed descision, many thank's.

Fuji team 1.0 2011
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/team-10-2011-road-bike-ec026236
Specialized allez comp 2010
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/allez-comp-2010-road-bike-ec019406
Also i'm 6'2" tall so i presume a 61cm frame or could i get away with a 58??

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I'm a Spesh fan, i've had several over the yaers & love them, i've never riden a Fuji so no idea, bikes are really to individuals tastes, the only to really tell is to test ride them & see which suits you best.
I'm 6'2" too, I have a 61cm, the 58 was too upright

brockers

There are tons of other retailers and manufacturers out there, so you don't need to limit your choices to Evans and Specialized, but they're definately a good place to start. Always worth taking look-see at Planet-X although I don't think their SL pro frame are the most aesthetically pleasing, but their bikes are always extremely good value. Also these bikes bearing the name of ex World-Champ Chris Boardman from Halfords. I reckon I'd plump for the Boardman. Probably the only bicycle related thing I'd buy from Halfords though :biggrin:.

Another fantastic suggestion (if I might make so bold!) is this. They're a sort of do anything bike, with what appears to be a bloody good quality steel frame (Reynolds 725), with disc brakes. You could stick knobbly tyres on it and go off road or stick some slicks on and tear it up on the tarmac. Or stick a rack and panniers on and do a weeks tour. Your Local Bike Shop (LBS) should supply them for £1099 too, so no need to buy from Evans.

<oldgitmode> And it's a shame that ~£1000 doesn't get you what it did compared to even a couple of years ago!</oldgitmode>

btw, no need to use an apostrophe before the s when referring to more than one of something. ;)

OP
OP
Ian123

Ian123

Sorry about the grammar brockers, i've an OCD thing going on you know. Hate it when i get a text with no grammar at all, freak's me out.
There's a place for everything and everything should be in it's place, that's me.
Like the bike you suggested but i'm after a typical road going bike just for eating up the mile's(apostrophe sorry) and that's all i'm after.
Think specialized is where my heart is really, just great looking machine's and i just want one i'm afraid, thought someone might wing it the other way with my head but hey-ho, thank's for the input.

Top Bottom