Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solom01

I will...who knows, maybe if I ask nicely in Spanish they'll listen? I never understood why the limit was set at 15.5, since most road cyclist easily ride faster on non ebikes, but as an American there's no way am I getting into the Brexit thing - we've got enough problems here without antagonizing one of the last civilized countries left on earth. :smile:

Storck

I will...who knows, maybe if I ask nicely in Spanish they'll listen? I never understood why the limit was set at 15.5, since most road cyclist easily ride faster on non ebikes, but as an American there's no way am I getting into the Brexit thing - we've got enough problems here without antagonizing one of the last civilized countries left on earth. :smile:

Easy answer as to why? Bloody politicians in the cesspool HQ in Brussels. The kind of people who want to stop kids climbing and playing, as it's deemed dangerous or elitist.

Southernguns

Finally!!! Whoop, whoop - After a month of waiting I have my Gain D30 back! And with a new frame - the 2020 model apparently - all black rather than black and grey. No bent drop outs and everything seems to work. Now to get out and enjoy the sunny weather... ...oh, we have a weekend of thunderstorms, and gale force winds!! Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!

Storck

Finally!!! Whoop, whoop - After a month of waiting I have my Gain D30 back! And with a new frame - the 2020 model apparently - all black rather than black and grey. No bent drop outs and everything seems to work. Now to get out and enjoy the sunny weather... ...oh, we have a weekend of thunderstorms, and gale force winds!! Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!

Indian summer in the offering. Saying all through October into Nov.

Southernguns

Indian summer in the offering. Saying all through October into Nov.
That is promising. I am itching to get back out on it! Currently sat in the conservatory looking at the bike whilst listening to the rain drumming on the roof :angry:

areyouactuallymoving

I don’t get Strava.
What do they say ? “ If it’s not on Strava it didn’t happen “
That’s self-serving marketing bulls**t isn’t it ?
All my rides are saved on Garmin connect, why would I need Strava ?
It’s a bit like Facebook isn’t it, where you feel the need to share the minutia of your life with the
World ? i.e I rode my bike today for 15.2 miles and it took 1hr 3 mins, I beat my PB by 27 secs etc etc :wacko:

I use Strava purely for my own information, all my rides are private and never shared with anyone by any method. I like the fact that I can easily compare times over segments on routes that I do regularly (not easy on most of the other apps around). It helps me to see if I am getting faster and therefore, hopefully, fitter. It motivates me and so is useful to me.

Zofo

Veteran
Suggest it to them Sol, who knows? After Brexit (if it ever happens?) We could repeal the legislation for a higher limit?
Now that’s a bloody good point .....

Zofo

Veteran
Someone on the cyclingUK forum has taken delivery of the ‘range extender’ battery. Wow ! Pigs do indeed fly.
For £549 ! No chance...I can get a good 55 miles out of mine with approx 1000 ft climbing per hour on rolling terrain, and to be honest that’s far enough for me these days .

Last edited:

Storck

That is promising. I am itching to get back out on it! Currently sat in the conservatory looking at the bike whilst listening to the rain drumming on the roof :angry:

Got over 200 miles in since last Sunday, raining here also today bit 25c and very humid. Was sweating - PLAYING SNOOKER.

Southernguns

Got over 200 miles in since last Sunday, raining here also today bit 25c and very humid. Was sweating - PLAYING SNOOKER.
Now I'm jealous. Not only do you have it warmer than us here in the SW, but you are also able to cycle more than me and play snooker! I sat and watched a mate play pool yesterday whist he stuffed me 16 games to 2! And I'm not that bad a player - he was just on fire.

Storck

Now I'm jealous. Not only do you have it warmer than us here in the SW, but you are also able to cycle more than me and play snooker! I sat and watched a mate play pool yesterday whist he stuffed me 16 games to 2! And I'm not that bad a player - he was just on fire.

Well it does help if like me you have your own table. I actually have a dedicated snooker - bike room. Got a raised sitting area, own toilet and kitchen. All separate from the house. I often sleep in there. Don't have to put up with Emmerdale followed by East Enders then Coronation St. (did I get them in the correct viewing order?) Sanctuary doesn't begin to describe it. BTW played against one of your fellow South Westerners awhile ago? The pro Milkins (The Milkman) Was leading by a good few points, missed blue to middle, opened up remaining reds. He destroyed me then. Still I know I'm better then him on a bike.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Tredz have a 2019 Gain D30 (L) for £2,199, that’s £400.00 under list price !

I thought about buying it and cannibalising it for the spokes but I had a call yesterday saying mine is fixed ‘ hallelujah ‘ hopefully I will collect today ?

Storck

Tredz have a 2019 Gain D30 (L) for £2,199, that’s £400.00 under list price !

I thought about buying it and cannibalising it for the spokes but I had a call yesterday saying mine is fixed ‘ hallelujah ‘ hopefully I will collect today ?

Look out for the gusting wind today Scaley.

Top Bottom