Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TouchingCloth

Regular
Hi everyone,
Apologies for hacking into this thread, but it seems to be the most active.
My 2019 model M30 gain arrives tomorrow. Excited doesn't cover how I feel. That said I'm supposed to be in full lockdown due to health issues, hence the gain.
I have been asking for prices for several days and went with a supplier who had a 2019 in stock and cheaper than the new model. Main factor was no one could give me an accurate delivery time on a 2020 model, understandable under the current circumstances.
My only worry is the bike has been used as a shop floor display model and could have a few nicks, though it has not been described as ex display.
Sods law its forcast rain tomorrow after weeks of sunshine. My daughter has taken custody of my Merlin Cordite 105 disc since lockdown began, it will be interesting to compare them back to back.
As you can see, I can talk drivel for free and look forward to joining in discussions and giving my opinions.
Thanks for reading this far.

Storck

Hi everyone,
Apologies for hacking into this thread, but it seems to be the most active.
My 2019 model M30 gain arrives tomorrow. Excited doesn't cover how I feel. That said I'm supposed to be in full lockdown due to health issues, hence the gain.
I have been asking for prices for several days and went with a supplier who had a 2019 in stock and cheaper than the new model. Main factor was no one could give me an accurate delivery time on a 2020 model, understandable under the current circumstances.
My only worry is the bike has been used as a shop floor display model and could have a few nicks, though it has not been described as ex display.
Sods law its forcast rain tomorrow after weeks of sunshine. My daughter has taken custody of my Merlin Cordite 105 disc since lockdown began, it will be interesting to compare them back to back.
As you can see, I can talk drivel for free and look forward to joining in discussions and giving my opinions.
Thanks for reading this far.

I've got 2 Gains, one ex display. It was a bargain? Download the EBIKEMOTION app, when you connect to the Gain? Believe it's in engineering mode, it will tell you exactly how many miles the bike has done. This is recorded automatically. BTW, I'm also in lockdown only another 6 weeks after this one. Hope for a loooong summer?

TouchingCloth

Regular
Hi Storck,
Yes I was hoping the app would give me any mileage accrued. I am unsure if its me or the supplier who activates the initial the bike is like mode so to speak

Storck

Hi Storck,
Yes I was hoping the app would give me any mileage accrued. I am unsure if its me or the supplier who activates the initial the bike is like mode so to speak

The dealer registers the bike with the Orbea database. You can go on the web and sign up to the 'Dashboard using the same login details as the EBIKEMOTION app.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
I'm in isolation. No visitors, family friends etc. For at least another 6 weeks. Just as well I'm a bit of a recluse.

just leave it at your front door!

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
Can anyone please tell me if a Orbea Gain D50 is the same as an Orbea Gain D50 LR?
I’ve found the latter for £1700 and it’s a 2020 model but haven’t seen LR mentioned before?

Storck

Can anyone please tell me if a Orbea Gain D50 is the same as an

Really can't see any difference. The battery is now ant+ so you can add on a small unit on the handlebars that will control the assist change level, without having to use the top tube. Also believe it replicates the mobile app, so certain info is available to look at like battery range, power output etc.

Storck

So the Gain D50 I saw for £1700 has sold out, I’m looking for one in black medium or large frame, anyone know of any deals?

There's a big difference between medium and large. I'm 6 foot tall and would normally ride a large, both my Gains are medium. The alloy Gain in particular is larger than a normal medium, having a long top tube.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
There's a big difference between medium and large. I'm 6 foot tall and would normally ride a large, both my Gains are medium. The alloy Gain in particular is larger than a normal medium, having a long top tube.
Ok thanks, I’m 5’10 and wasn’t sure which size, I can only afford the D50 and even that is upsetting the wife! 😔

Top Bottom