Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Today I begin my 3 months of isolation been a transplant recipient. Hoping it won't be too bad? I'm going to be living in my snooker room. Apart from the table to keep my busy, I have my indoor trainer hooked up to the TV. The usual Prime TV and Alexa Music on the HiFi. Also have my own toilet, washing facilities and kitchen. No windows though, so a stroll around the courtyard will be a must. I recognise I will have it easier than many folks. Here's wishing the other's in a similar position a safe journey. See ya all out on the road later.

Tough times for you DJ but you seem to have a great environment to self-isolate in. Sounds like your excellent snooker skills may reach even higher levels after 3 months solid practice ?
Stay safe pal and keep communicating.

Storck

Tough times for you DJ but you seem to have a great environment to self-isolate in. Sounds like your excellent snooker skills may reach even higher levels after 3 months solid practice ?
Stay safe pal and keep communicating.

Thanks Scaley, I'm gonna need to re-cloth it, by the time this crisis is over? Stay safe.

Southernguns

Today I begin my 3 months of isolation been a transplant recipient. Hoping it won't be too bad? I'm going to be living in my snooker room. Apart from the table to keep my busy, I have my indoor trainer hooked up to the TV. The usual Prime TV and Alexa Music on the HiFi. Also have my own toilet, washing facilities and kitchen. No windows though, so a stroll around the courtyard will be a must. I recognise I will have it easier than many folks. Here's wishing the other's in a similar position a safe journey. See ya all out on the road later.
Just stay safe Storck, and that goes for everyone out there during these terrible times! I would say keep in touch via the forums for the benefit of your mental state, but we'd probably drive each other insane before the isolation and boredom does :wacko:..

Last edited:
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
More miles on the bike now than pre lockdown - mostly weather related in reality. Local circuit everyday. Also therapeutic walk everyday, as prescribed, to get blood moving in my legs. We are both over 70 with 'underlying health issues', so have been self isolating since before lockdown anyway, but hate now having to rely on others for shopping, and miss seeing family and grandchildren, as had been planned. Lots of gardening getting done too!
Proposed house sale and relocation now put on hold, half way through the process - worrying times …..

Storck

More miles on the bike now than pre lockdown - mostly weather related in reality. Local circuit everyday. Also therapeutic walk everyday, as prescribed, to get blood moving in my legs. We are both over 70 with 'underlying health issues', so have been self isolating since before lockdown anyway, but hate now having to rely on others for shopping, and miss seeing family and grandchildren, as had been planned. Lots of gardening getting done too!
Proposed house sale and relocation now put on hold, half way through the process - worrying times …..

Could just about describe my existence at the moment, apart from lots of snooker also. I have a feeling for some of us, it's going to be longer than another 8 weeks. Country has at some point got to get back to work. Another plan (radical) to look after and encourage the vulnerable may have to be prescribed. Keep on trucking Young (as we you to say in the 70's) Good to hear from ya.

Tifosi58

I did replace the supplied Kenda 700c x 38/32 with Schwalbe SV15 700c x 18/28. They were only about 20 grams lighter, but I do think the ride was smoother!

As the supplied rims and tubes are tubeless ready, has anyone tired the Gain M20i as tubeless?

Chris
I have the M20 with Mavic Aksium UST rims and tubeless tyres as delivered with tubes and rode it to my first puncture (back wheel of course). Decided riding a bike with tubeless capability and tubes was not sensible. So took out the tubes and added the Orange sealant/new valves and took to the road. Impressions: ride comfort improved (was 110 now 85lb) and no punctures that stopped me in 6 months. Although I have had 'puncture' incidents, where I saw the sealant come out of the tyre, but it stayed pressurized. I have not had to change a tire yet, so cannot comment on clean up. Do have to replenish sealant, but not an issue - pull out valve, add sealant, replace valve, pump up tyre and ride. Leaks about 5lb in a week.

harrisc

Impressions: ride comfort improved (was 110 now 85lb)

I have found the Mavic UST 700x28c tyres with tubes comfortable; but I am running pressures of 65/75 psi (front/back). The total weight of the bike and myself is 90kg (200lbs)

Storck

I have found the Mavic UST 700x28c tyres with tubes comfortable; but I am running pressures of 65/75 psi (front/back). The total weight of the bike and myself is 90kg (200lbs)

Can concur, same wheels shodded with Conti 5000's and tubes. Running slightly more pressure 80-85psi according to Mavic app. I'm approx 160lbs. Very smooth on the road, dropped from using 110psi. More comfort no loss in average speed.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Good to hear you are still 'with us' guys, (sick humour :rolleyes:)

Should have been the London marathon today (RIP) In memoriam I decided to ride 26.2 miles. I slightly overcooked it and ended up doing 30 miles.
Route chosen mindful of 'social distancing' and ridden on predominately very quiet country lanes where humans are rare.

i-jSFM2wC.jpg

Storck

Good to hear you are still 'with us' guys, (sick humour :rolleyes:)

Should have been the London marathon today (RIP) In memoriam I decided to ride 26.2 miles. I slightly overcooked it and ended up doing 30 miles.
Route chosen mindful of 'social distancing' and ridden on predominately very quiet country lanes where humans are rare.

View attachment 518099

Sorry you missed the Marathon. At least your legs will be feeling OK after 30 miles unlike if you had run the 26 miles. All that training as well Scaley. It's easy to say 'There's always another year' problem is, we ain't getting any younger. Keep on trucking.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Sorry you missed the Marathon. At least your legs will be feeling OK after 30 miles unlike if you had run the 26 miles. All that training as well Scaley. It's easy to say 'There's always another year' problem is, we ain't getting any younger. Keep on trucking.

Did I give the impression I was running in it ? Oops, not my intention. No I would have been watching on TV. Cycling is a lot easier on the knees.

Storck

Did I give the impression I was running in it ? Oops, not my intention. No I would have been watching on TV. Cycling is a lot easier on the knees.

You was my new HERO there for a moment. Don't blame ya Scaley, knees at our age are very important. Stay safe.

Top Bottom