Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storck

I've found a 2019 med in Orange for £1620, not sure about the colour? https://pin.it/1tDoKJH

Both mine are orange. Looks great. People have commented on how ALIVE it looks.

Storck

Right, i'm going to buy it now, you have convinced me!

Now all I need is a water bottle, gloves, clothes, padlock, helmet and some flowers for the wife!

Haggle with them. I'm sure there's more off? Or get them to include some of the stuff you need.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
I need to get a water bottle, are all water bottle holders the same fitting or do I need to get a specific one for a Gain D50? (Sorry for being thick!)

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
Same fitting as any road bike, but important to use the short bolts supplied with the bike.

Great cheers, ordered a black bottle holder and water bottle which I think will go well with the bike colour, also ordered a helmet and padded pants to protect the other helmet ;)

Another daft question, do you carry a puncture repair kit? what happens if you get a flat, call the wife? I know what she would say!!!

Storck

Great cheers, ordered a black bottle holder and water bottle which I think will go well with the bike colour, also ordered a helmet and padded pants to protect the other helmet ;)

Another daft question, do you carry a puncture repair kit? what happens if you get a flat, call the wife? I know what she would say!!!

Spare inner tube and you need an 8mm Allen for the rear wheel. Don't forget tyre levers. Having said that, can't recall last time I had a puncture - and I'm talking years. Take off front wheel at home and practice first, will also help ease tyre slightly.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Spare inner tube and you need an 8mm Allen for the rear wheel. Don't forget tyre levers. Having said that, can't recall last time I had a puncture - and I'm talking years. Take off front wheel at home and practice first, will also help ease tyre slightly.
^ this - that 8mm allen key is very important, and check the correct way to disconnect/reconnect the power feed to the rear hub. There are also a couple of washers that need positioning correctly. Not difficult, but the back wheel is very heavy compared with a standard bike which makes it a bit awkward, but the front wheel with quick release is like any other road bike. I had 3 punctures early on due to badly factory fitted rim tapes which I replaced, which cured the problem. I also changed tyres to Continental GP4000s as those supplied on the early Gains were very heavy and unresponsive.

Montygraphics

Before Christmas last year I haggled and paid £1400 for a brand new boxed D50 gain from Cycle Republic in Southampton. Just after they announced the 2020 models. Their website showed none in stock but I rang their Head Office and they came up with one. Absolute bargain and ridden over 1000 miles now.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
Before Christmas last year I haggled and paid £1400 for a brand new boxed D50 gain from Cycle Republic in Southampton. Just after they announced the 2020 models. Their website showed none in stock but I rang their Head Office and they came up with one. Absolute bargain and ridden over 1000 miles now.

Wow great work, just out of curiosity what pedals have you fitted? i'm new to all this!

Storck

Wow great work, just out of curiosity what pedals have you fitted? i'm new to all this!

Just get some cheap flat ones to begin with. Get used to doing some miles. Then invest in a pair of clueless pedals £40ish and a pair of cycling shoes with stiff soles.

Top Bottom