Ordered new bike from Rutland cycles, not turned up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I have to say I'm not impressed with Rutland Cycles online system. Their web-site really isn't very good. They also seem to advertise a lot of things that they don't actually have in stock.

Their local shops (we have four in and around Cambridge) are fine but I've lost patience with them online.
You do have to plan on spending an evening sifting through their site...

There has been a lot of press about cycle Waterhouse theft. Maybe the OP has stuck someone on it.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
They’ve rung back. Bike is not in stock. Flatly refused for me to have the Alight 1for the same price, will need to pay £40 more but they will chuck in a rack and mudguards. I asked if I could have it at the same price with no mudguards or rack but they said no. Which I don’t really understand.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
I’m looking now at buying it online but the Liv/giant website don’t seem to do delivery. It’s not in stock in a 100 mile radius.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
They’ve rung back. Bike is not in stock. Flatly refused for me to have the Alight 1for the same price, will need to pay £40 more but they will chuck in a rack and mudguards. I asked if I could have it at the same price with no mudguards or rack but they said no. Which I don’t really understand.
Short sighted of them, I wouldn't buy the bike from them on principle now if I were you. They would have known they didn't have it Thursday if they were suggesting Friday delivery. I would also check my card hadn't been debited too.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Well even though I don’t feel like dealing with them I’ve paid £40 extra for an Alight 1. Which was still cheaper than at Paul’s or anywhere else I could find. They’ve also thrown in £70 worth of mudguards and rack free of charge. But to be honest I don’t need them as I have sks raceblades and a rack on my cyclocross bike I could have taken off and swapped over. Would rather have not had to pay the £40 and not had the extras but they wouldn’t do it. Will not be dealing with them again that’s for sure.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
I was in the giant store in lincoln yesterday and they didn’t have my size in stock and told me to order them online.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Would still have been more via Giant though I think. I’ve got a Liv Alight 1for £390 as it’s the 2017 model, and then the mudguards and rack for nothing.

Slick

Guru
Well even though I don’t feel like dealing with them I’ve paid £40 extra for an Alight 1. Which was still cheaper than at Paul’s or anywhere else I could find. They’ve also thrown in £70 worth of mudguards and rack free of charge. But to be honest I don’t need them as I have sks raceblades and a rack on my cyclocross bike I could have taken off and swapped over. Would rather have not had to pay the £40 and not had the extras but they wouldn’t do it. Will not be dealing with them again that’s for sure.
I think you have done the right thing. I know it's not ideal, but 40 quid extra with mudguards and rack is not too shabby, and Vickster has already given you the suggestion as to what to do with them. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom