Ordered new bike from Rutland cycles, not turned up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'd heard that'd gone bust earlier in the week.

Sorry, but this is very poor form.

Leaving aside the OP, suggesting a business has gone bust can set in train a series of events which does lead to its closure.

Also, businesses have won damages from publishers who have wrongly suggested the business is in financial trouble.

Little chance of that happening here, but because you can get away with it doesn't make it right.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Was a Liv city alight 2. 2017

Have tried ringing today and no answer. Am pessimistic that they've spent 4 days hunting for it and realised they have no stock. It was still in stock on the website yesterday.

Need to find a bargain small hybrid with loads of gears for under £350. Ideally with rear rack and mudgards. Really think I will get a call from Rutland on Monday saying they're refunding.

U

User6179

Was a Liv city alight 2. 2017

Have tried ringing today and no answer. Am pessimistic that they've spent 4 days hunting for it and realised they have no stock. It was still in stock on the website yesterday.

Need to find a bargain small hybrid with loads of gears for under £350. Ideally with rear rack and mudgards. Really think I will get a call from Rutland on Monday saying they're refunding.

Look on the Rutland website and see if you can find a slightly more expensive bike and see if they will give you that at the same price as a gesture of goodwill .

I managed to get a £1000 (originally £1200) Caadx for £800 from Evans because the £800 bike they sold me was out of stock.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Well I still have no answer and am not impressed.

Got an email reply first thing saying I won’t get a tracking number until the bike has left them. Which didn’t answer the question of where is my bike!

So rang up. Spoke to someone, warehouse number was engaged so was told someone would ring me back. Two hours later and no phone call so I ring again. Apparantly there’s something “odd” with my order, they can see I’ve ordered something but there’s no open order. They’re waiting for a reply from the warehouse manager......which I suspect translates as they can’t find the bike in stock. I just want them to tell me what’s going on!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So sorry to hear. Did you try the upgrade option with them? They do seem very incompetent. I should demand to speak to the MD and ask for a refund if they can’t dispach the bike by say end of week, that’s if they have debited your card, which you should also check with them. If they can’t supply that information phone your bank, they will tell you.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Didn’t try the upgrade option as they haven’t actually told me yet that they can’t find the bike in stock. I need them to admit that first and they won’t. Have tweeted my displeasure now so see if Twitter overs things along. If I need to get ordering something else possibly from another shop I need to know!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Didn’t try the upgrade option as they haven’t actually told me yet that they can’t find the bike in stock. I need them to admit that first and they won’t. Have tweeted my displeasure now so see if Twitter overs things along. If I need to get ordering something else possibly from another shop I need to know!

Had a similar experience, not with Rutland, but, with another online retailer.

What I did was Email them saying that I needed bicycle by a specific date (which was within their original promised delivery window), and, if they could not supply by that date, then, I wished to cancel the order.

Result, bicycle delivered.

Even if they just say OK, order cancelled, at least you know where you are and can source bicycle somewhere else.

Top Bottom