Ordered new bike from Rutland cycles, not turned up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
I did get to speak to someone this evening but she couldn’t help, said she couldn’t check anything and didn’t know.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
I don’t have any parcel number/tracking number. Can’t track with dx until Rutland give me a tracking number which is different to the order number.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Won’t arrive tomorrow as I used hubbys work address and they’re shut for the weekend now! And I brought current bike back home in the bloody train tonight! Normally leave it at the train station but expecting to do a swap this weekend.

They use DX 24hr couriers.

Expect to find a "We tried to deliver" card at hubbys work on Monday morning after they attempted a Saturday delivery.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
And no they don’t appear to have an order tracking facility on their website which is annoying.
They won’t, it’ll be on their couriers site. Very strange they haven’t given you a tracking number and worrying they can’t give you any info. Why can’t tgey check anything? I suspect they may have run out of stock and are scrambling around to find another. Whichever it is it’s very poor customer care.

I can't remember which courier brought my Rutland bike order a few months ago, but it arrived quickly and on time.

Then when I had a slight issue with the bike, not delivery related, their customer service was spot on.

None of this really helps you I know, but hopefully it will reassure you that your problem is probably just a glitch, and hopefully your bike will land on Monday :okay:

I have had trouble with DX in the past with delivery of a cot bed.

Their systems are useless. It is a long story but in summary after several phone calls between courier and supplier it was in the sorting depot and was only ‘found’ after someone got up from their desk and actually looked for it, before this it was the initial customer service speil of “computer says no”, even when I could prove otherwise!

When it did turn up, the packaging and item were in A1 condition.

pawl

Legendary Member
Hope the courier isn't Yodal

They delivered my bike.Didnt appear to have been delivered on the due date Went to put the rubbish out at 8PM large box laying on front lawn no knock on the door . Good job I happened to go out,box would have been there all night

bpsmith

Veteran
Out of stock on website now
Have you added it to your cart a few times? Some systems hold onto the stock when people do that. There was a cracking deal on a Propel recently, which supposedly sold out, only to show later when I added it to my cart. My mate checked a moment later and it stayed out of stock again, despite me not actually buying, then back in stock later that night.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
From speaking to various drivers this week the january sales have put a lot of pressure on courier companies, i'd give it till tuesday

Top Bottom