OSPW Fouling Derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigfella

Über Member
Hi There,

I have replaced my chain, cassette, crankset and changed over to an oversized pulley wheel cage. Shifting and general drive seems find, however when in the highest gear (11 speed), the guide pulley fouls the derailleur itself.

Any ideas what could be up, I have tried all the adjustments I can, but cannot get that top pulley away from the derailleur itself.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_120616.jpg
    IMG_20200727_120616.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200727_120601.jpg
    IMG_20200727_120601.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200727_120629.jpg
    IMG_20200727_120629.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 11

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yikes! Got to ask, but why? What benefits are inferred by the supplier of the kit and surely the problem is because the top pulley is too big for the location?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Completely self-inflicted 'wound' imo.
Dropping the guide jockey wheel tooth count back down to 13 (say) should keep it clear. Should cost less than £20 at least to trial it (after you've dropped hundreds on the new cage/OSPWs).
Fix this, oil the chain, charge the battery, and ride it. Or do you keep this bike for hanging on the wall?
Btw I too suspect the chain is too short, but the OP can check that: large/large.
Does the use of a guide OSPWs reduce/make no difference/increase the wrapping capacity of a rear mech? [I wonder]

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Thanks for your help. This was due to the chain being too long, removed 4 links and all is swell.

With regards to "why", well - why not? Since fitting the OSPW cage my Strava times have been reduced significantly.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
I'm not talking a few seconds, significant gains comrades.

Besides, the coolness factor is worth it.

Did you put the whole chain on ? As opposed to measuring what was there before ?

Can we see more of the bike please ? It looks lovely from the pics so far.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Cool, now go and win some races.....

Sorry, I can't get it down from the wall. Looks great though! :becool:

I like the look of it. It's a yes from me.

It loses marks for catching on the rest of the mech. But you can't have everything I suppose.

Thanks

Did you put the whole chain on ? As opposed to measuring what was there before ?

Can we see more of the bike please ? It looks lovely from the pics so far.

I put a new 116L chain on, I did not trust the existing chain length. It used to have a 11-34 cassette on it, so I started again. Running 110L now.

Here it is, with the Cannondale crankset, I have now changed it to a Dura Ace one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Since fitting the OSPW cage my Strava times have been reduced significantly.

Called the placebo effect !

Looks fugly. To fix this issue, looks like you need to go back to the original design. How much money did you waste. Bit like shelling out on ceramic bearings.

Top Bottom