Out of stock - Everywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GoatBeard

Anyone know why practically everything bike related is out of stock? I mean not just bikes themselves for obvious reasons but more mundane things as well like chainrings, rims, chaintools... it's madness. On wiggle they have nothing.

roley poley

Über Member
On Monday I queued for 20 min to get into my local bike shop EBC with others. I wanted three cables 2 brake 1 gear and a length of outer ,the shelves were quite empty of components and he had to get the parts from the workshop. "Been busy ?" He said it's been bonkers he has never seen so many people over these weeks .so I think it's supply and demand .Who could have predicted these peaks?

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone know why practically everything bike related is out of stock? I mean not just bikes themselves for obvious reasons but more mundane things as well like chainrings, rims, chaintools... it's madness. On wiggle they have nothing.
Look at Spa for those bits

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I am glad I ordered a new tyre for my bike. They only have a few of the ones for my bike left.

Chris S

Legendary Member
On Monday I queued for 20 min to get into my local bike shop EBC with others. I wanted three cables 2 brake 1 gear and a length of outer ,the shelves were quite empty of components and he had to get the parts from the workshop. "Been busy ?" He said it's been bonkers he has never seen so many people over these weeks .so I think it's supply and demand .Who could have predicted these peaks?
My local Poundland has lots of brake cables and other cycling stuff in stock. Wickes should have as well.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I was browsing tyres yesterday and noticed some places were almost out of nearly everything. I think Ribble only had 3 varieties of Continental tyres and that was it! Presume it’s Covid related and factories will eventually catch up.

I think bike shops are saying it's a combination of lack of stock, people buying new bikes and people getting old bikes out of storage and having to replace parts.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Beginning of lockdown turbo trainers were cyclists toilet paper all the basic ones gone.

rivers

How far can I go?
I popped into my LBS the other day to check out my new wheels. He's got very few bikes in stock, and said he's beginning to have issues getting parts and what not in. He told me they're coming into their normal busiest time of year and there is nothing available.

It depends what you’re after. I’ve had some issues with supply of more mundane bits and bobs, and not so many issues with 300 quid cassettes and the like.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom