Out of stock - Everywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
In the last couple of weeks have purchased a saddle from Spa (it was out of stock had to wait a week which I had no problem with), bib shorts (original selection out of stock but plenty in stock to choose from on the web) and two tyres and some sealant which came more or less straight away from Cycle Clinic. All in all not too bad in the middle of a world wide pandemic disrupting supply chains.

Edit I forgot also peddles which were delivered with the saddle and a rear light from a shop in Holland which came surprisingly quickly.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Even in normal times I usually keep at least one spare of the more frequent consumables. Tyres will be ok for next 12 months. Gear cables I have a few spares, plus 2-3 m of gear cable outer ready to cut. Chain rings ok for middle and granny but might get a spare big ring soon. Though it's the middle that needs replacement most often and the big and granny rings aren't replaced all that often. Have two spare cassettes, one road one MTB. One spare chain. Plus 3 or 4 spare inner tubes though ones in use on recumbent have not needed patching yet, so plenty of life. Disc brake pads I have 4 spare pairs as a friend bought the wrong ones and offered me a 4 for the price of 3 deal.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I ordered a stem and some pedals from a Spanish supplier and they got "lost" by Parcel Farce. Just like the wheel that PF "lost" last month.

vickster

Legendary Member
In the last couple of weeks have purchased a saddle from Spa (it was out of stock had to wait a week which I had no problem with), bib shorts (original selection out of stock but plenty in stock to choose from on the web) and two tyres and some sealant which came more or less straight away from Cycle Clinic. All in all not too bad in the middle of a world wide pandemic disrupting supply chains.

Edit I forgot also peddles which were delivered with the saddle and a rear light from a shop in Holland which came surprisingly quickly.
Why were you buying peddles for a bike? :whistle:

I’ve just been buying some bike bits online. It was a bigger job than I’ve previously faced to find the sealed cartridge BB that I needed for my Hybrid, good old Halfords to the rescue though. I’ve also found my local Decathlon store has had most of the mundane bits and bobs I’ve needed, in fact they ( surprisingly) had a large stock of 700c x 25 c 80 mm presta valved inner tubes, which was very handy, seeing as though I was happily riding a bike with 55mm deep section rims, and only had 48mm valved tubes with me, until I realised :eek::laugh:.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
ordered a pair of shoes from Wiggle last Thursday and paid for wiggle plus, using trainers at the moment as i am a new rider so wanted the shoes to help with pins and needles I get in my feet, 6 days later I am still waiting, the web site says I will receive them last Saturday, sent an email to Wiggle they will respond in 6 days 6 DAYS !!!!!! bloody joke, back to amazon

vickster

Legendary Member
Tbh I’ve not had any great issues and I’ve bought a few things lately. I may have had to use the odd new retailer or fleabay but able to get decent prices

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
All of the above are the very reasons why it is essential to have n+1 bikes.
or to just have parts in stock.

I always have cables, a chain, cassette, BB and far too many brake blocks in my tool box. When i fit a new chain or cassette, I order the next one. The BB's been in my tool box for about 8 years, and will probably be in there for another 8 :wacko:

Gunk

Guru
I’ve just been buying some bike bits online. It was a bigger job than I’ve previously faced to find the sealed cartridge BB that I needed for my Hybrid, good old Halfords to the rescue though. I’ve also found my local Decathlon store has had most of the mundane bits and bobs I’ve needed, in fact they ( surprisingly) had a large stock of 700c x 25 c 80 mm presta valved inner tubes, which was very handy, seeing as though I was happily riding a bike with 55mm deep section rims, and only had 48mm valved tubes with me, until I realised :eek::laugh:.

I bought a Presta 700 x 25c inner tube yesterday £2.99, you can't get them for that price anywhere.

Top Bottom