Out of stock - Everywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
or to just have parts in stock.

I always have cables, a chain, cassette, BB and far too many brake blocks in my tool box. When i fit a new chain or cassette, I order the next one. The BB's been in my tool box for about 8 years, and will probably be in there for another 8 :wacko:
That's basically what I have too; but with some spare frames as well. They are arranged together into bikes :smile:.

macp

Guru
I have recently been using two or three shops and they are all saying they are making hundreds of shipments and struggling to keep up. Online they all warn of delays due to incredible demand and the covids. You cant get through by telephone either.

Amazing for the industry it really is but at the same time bloody frustrating as a customer.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Just depends on what it is, I've bought a pair of Ortlieb panniers and a Showers Pass jacket from Spa this week, all in stock and lots of choice on colours, sizes etc, and I bought a child size Trek a few weeks back with no issues. But on the flipside, one of my LBS has no bikes, and precious few bits, no bar bags, no bottles, no saddles, no gloves. I think it's very hit and miss, you just have to be lucky.
I've noticed tyres are in short supply online.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just depends on what it is, I've bought a pair of Ortlieb panniers and a Showers Pass jacket from Spa this week, all in stock and lots of choice on colours, sizes etc, and I bought a child size Trek a few weeks back with no issues. But on the flipside, one of my LBS has no bikes, and precious few bits, no bar bags, no bottles, no saddles, no gloves. I think it's very hit and miss, you just have to be lucky.
I've noticed tyres are in short supply online.
Probably depends what tyres and how much prepared to pay. Discounts may not be as substantial as they don’t need to be!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Probably depends what tyres and how much prepared to pay. Discounts may not be as substantial as they don’t need to be!
That's true, fairer to say you can always get "a" tyre but you might pay 30 pounds per tyre when otherwise you could get one for 15-20, and I noted that the exact model or make you might be looking for aren't necessarily available.

DRM

Guru
Both CRC & Wiggle, and to a certain extent Planet X have shown a lot of parts that I would consider as consumables as awaiting stock, trying to get the bit & bobs I wanted for operation Raleigh Resuscitation, has taken a bit of tracking down, ie trying to bring it back up to scratch on a budget, I’m only talking gear & brake cables, tyres & tubes, and some replacement cantilever brakes

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anyone know why practically everything bike related is out of stock? I mean not just bikes themselves for obvious reasons but more mundane things as well like chainrings, rims, chaintools... it's madness. On wiggle they have nothing.
Just found this too! Trying to get bib/shorts, some arrived from Planet X but just slightly too small, tried to reorder next size up...no stock.
Tried Decathlon for their recommended bibs...no stock.
Wiggle found a pair of Gore’s tha same as my current ones and nabbed them!
Cycling has gone mental! Shouldn't complain.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
Where have all the pedal peddlers gone?
Grease (sic) I reckon.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Just found this too! Trying to get bib/shorts, some arrived from Planet X but just slightly too small, tried to reorder next size up...no stock.
Tried Decathlon for their recommended bibs...no stock.
Wiggle found a pair of Gore’s tha same as my current ones and nabbed them!
Cycling has gone mental! Shouldn't complain.

Could you adjust body to fit as it might be quicker at the moment, things might get even worse for some supplies from next year also.

I ordered a stem and some pedals from a Spanish supplier and they got "lost" by Parcel Farce. Just like the wheel that PF "lost" last month.

Permanently lost or disappeared while still in Spain? If the latter, it could be in a huge backlog.

It took a month for a Jersey to get to me from Spain, as it was coming via the Spanish postal service and no flights = no letters/small packets leaving the country.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The package made it as far as our local PF depot then no further. A few weeks earlier a replacement wheel was collected from the retailer by PF and mysteriously didn't get scanned in then disappeared. I believe there's systematic organised pilfering going on at PF.

Jimidh

Veteran
I too have had to search for various parts and accessories over the last few weeks.

what struck me however was a visit to my regular LBS ago buy my new bike. The owner took me through the back to show me the pile of bike boxes waiting to be built. He has two full time mechanics and are struggling to cope with the volume of builds. He’s been in the industry for years and has never known anything like it.

Says he has basically been turning some customers down as he can’t offer to get bikes for them in a reasonable timescale.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If as has been stated over and over again the long waiting times for bicycle repairs, could this be a renaissance time for bike shops and the opportunities within the industry. If the trend does indeed not tail off too much when things return to some kind of normality there could be a new wave of kids who could possibly be employed and trained up.

Top Bottom