Outer Hebrides - May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Don’t attempt the cattle-grids on a loaded Brompton!!!
I didn't have any problems on mine in february.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Lovely evening in Oban last night. Surprising little buzz about the place! Some slightly fuzzy heads this morning.

Ferry over this afternoon and a short pedal for our first camp spot as far south as we can get.

So far there’s a brutal northern headwind that the forecast says won’t relent. Character building...

Lovely evening in Oban last night. Surprising little buzz about the place! Some slightly fuzzy heads this morning.

Ferry over this afternoon and a short pedal for our first camp spot as far south as we can get.

So far there’s a brutal northern headwind that the forecast says won’t relent. Character building...
Yeah but, silver lining, it'll keep the midgies away

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
All aboard! It’s easy to forget the ferry takes 4-5 hours. Beautiful though the scenery is. It was lovely seeing 30 odd bikes being ushered onto the ferry along with us. Only a handful had proper baggage so I wonder is there will be a race for the first b&b.

Two days into a bike tour and I’ve probably peddled 2 miles. If that. I suppose it technically starts tomorrow.

Yippee!

Attachments

• E186C565-8BEE-42DF-AF0D-F7CF102303B8.jpeg
    E186C565-8BEE-42DF-AF0D-F7CF102303B8.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 25

iandg

Legendary Member

Winds cold too - and we're having some good hail showers

Last edited:
All aboard! It’s easy to forget the ferry takes 4-5 hours. Beautiful though the scenery is. It was lovely seeing 30 odd bikes being ushered onto the ferry along with us. Only a handful had proper baggage so I wonder is there will be a race for the first b&b.

Two days into a bike tour and I’ve probably peddled 2 miles. If that. I suppose it technically starts tomorrow.

Yippee!

I recognise the bikes in front and behind yours, so I guess you are on the pootlers tour with Nick and Tristan?

OldShep

Über Member

Yippee!
All that luggage is making* me feel guilty. I’ll only be carrying the half of that. ^_^

Top Bottom