Outer Hebrides - May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member

Good job I'm packing my -10 sleeping bag

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I thought the hail stone was a joke... we were travelling south through it so at least we had a tailwind!

Made it to the gatliff hostel today. Opting for a warm bed as we shake off the days toils.

Wine.
Which Gatlife hostel are you at? A goid day to be travelling south!

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Epic.

Just waiting for the ferry over to the big isles as we speak. Wind considering we put two big days in to get to Berneray yesterday. We’ve got a day or two in hand so we intend on taking a couple of short days to enjoy things a bit more now the wind has died down a touch.

Attachments

• 3A384AAD-D13E-4AA9-973A-F98571FE3912.jpeg
    3A384AAD-D13E-4AA9-973A-F98571FE3912.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
No, just another option for water. As we’re going to be wild camping the majority of the time not having enough water is a bridge I don’t want to cross!

Fuel is in a dry bag in a pannier bag.
We did Cairngorms outer loop last summer and carried a water purifier as not happy drinking from streams directly at lower altitudes with sheep/cattle about. a lower weight option than carrying several litres at a time, if streams are handy!

Fiona R

I’m enjoying reading your blog but I have to say that font is extremely hard work for older eyes. :wacko:
I am so sorry. It is quite strange as I have terrible eyesight and am always ranting about visual/fonts/contrasts etc on websites, and I am registered partially sighted and tend to read most things on a huge monitor but I am OK reading my blog on a mobile, perhaps because I know what I say?! Will certainly think about changing from the typeface one. I'm so far behind with blog writing.

Fiona R

Don't feel guilty, feel smug! I'll be getting full camping and cooking gear into just rear panniers. The more I tour the more I'm learning to pack light
We did mtb touring off road with 2 rear panniers and a handlebar roll last summer (retro bikepacking :laugh:. Very definitely said we are not going down front pannier line as well. Will strap bulky stuff on rack, possibly get a handlebar bag each max for road bikes this summer. Lat time we had every night's accommodation booked so just two rear panniers, leaving 1 of 4 empty for food. Easier if sharing camping stuff between 2

OldShep

Über Member
I am so sorry. It is quite strange as I have terrible eyesight and am always ranting about visual/fonts/contrasts etc on websites, and I am registered partially sighted and tend to read most things on a huge monitor but I am OK reading my blog on a mobile, perhaps because I know what I say?! Will certainly think about changing from the typeface one. I'm so far behind with blog writing.
There’s something strange ..on my iPad looks
B1414D05-9CDA-40C7-962D-3E54D96DDF9E.jpeg and is difficult
On my iPhone it’s easy to read.

3B2E682E-94C0-459A-BE11-A63F2D35900B.jpeg

Top Bottom