Overshoes with flat peddals with pins.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Evenin' all,

I suffer a lot with cold hands and feet and was wondering if anyone knows of a set of overshoes that would be suitable to use with flat peddals with pins. I have seen the sealskinz ones which have just one strap under the foot which might be out of the way of the pins as I have the ball of my foot on the pedal.
Anyone use overshoes in this situation. No point in me spending ££ only to have them torn to shreds in next to no time.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I use overshoes with flat pedal and pins.

I use BBB ones, they quickly wear out (I probably get two winters out of them) and you do catch them on the pins every now and again when they are first new, it is normally the toe bit that catches not the strap across the bottom of the foot in my experience.

13 rider

Guru

I use BBB ones, they quickly wear out (I probably get two winters out of them) and you do catch them on the pins every now and again when they are first new, it is normally the toe bit that catches not the strap across the bottom of the foot in my experience.
Wear quickly for you . Your two winters riding is more than most do in 10 years

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

I'd agree with this. I got a pair of Agu overshoes from Planet X when they were on offer and although they're a revelation in terms of keeping my feet warm they're already marking up / scuffing under the toes on the flat pedals after only half a dozen or so rides, so it's something to bear in mind.
Worth noting too that you might need to go up a size or two if you'll be putting them over trainers - I wear an 11 and the overshoes I've got fit "up to size 15".

Possibly worth you trying something like the Carnac toe covers here to see how you get on? http://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=overshoe

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I have some Planet X overshoes. No problem with flats and pins.

Wear quickly for you . Your two winters riding is more than most do in 10 years

I'd agree with this. I got a pair of Agu overshoes from Planet X when they were on offer and although they're a revelation in terms of keeping my feet warm they're already marking up / scuffing under the toes on the flat pedals after only half a dozen or so rides, so it's something to bear in mind.
Worth noting too that you might need to go up a size or two if you'll be putting them over trainers - I wear an 11 and the overshoes I've got fit "up to size 15".

Possibly worth you trying something like the Carnac toe covers here to see how you get on? http://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=overshoe

Cheers guys, glad to hear others do it with few issues. As @13 rider rider says, a couple of @Supersuperleeds (cough, Watford, cough) winters would be many for me.

@NorthernDave it is primarily the toes that feel it so food for thought there, cheers.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have some toe covers, but they only work, for me anyway, in slightly nippy temperatures and dry rides. With my off road rides and puddle jumping, overshoes keep my tootsies dry as well.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I have some toe covers, but they only work, for me anyway, in slightly nippy temperatures and dry rides. With my off road rides and puddle jumping, overshoes keep my tootsies dry as well.

Good point, I'm hitting the trails on Saturday, cold with plenty of mud and puddles waiting for me.

p.s love that Trek of yours, and the Canyon.

Tony78

Evenin' all,

I suffer a lot with cold hands and feet and was wondering if anyone knows of a set of overshoes that would be suitable to use with flat peddals with pins. I have seen the sealskinz ones which have just one strap under the foot which might be out of the way of the pins as I have the ball of my foot on the pedal.
Anyone use overshoes in this situation. No point in me spending ££ only to have them torn to shreds in next to no time.
Aldi sometimes have them in and not bad quality!

Top Bottom