Own up-films that make you blub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

Schindlers List.
It's the only film I have seen where the entire audience sat until the end of the credits. And I gave the bloke next to me a hug because he was crying so much.

spindrift

Actually, the most moving part of Schindler is a wonderful piece of acting from ben Kingsley, after oskar's been given the ring he mutters "I could have done more".

Kingsley acts as if he couldn't hear, the line is repeated, and Kingsley just shakes his head.

From then onwards I'm in floods.

Whale Rider made me blub too.

And this terribly moving scene:

yello

I agree with gm here. 'Life is Beautiful' (if it's the film I'm thinking of) is a pile of manipulative poo... right down to the Disney-esque casting of the precocious cute kid.

The only film that really gets me is 'En cœur en hiver'. There's a air of sadness from beginning to end and it culminates as only it can - with the stubbornly insular bloke (Daniel Auteuil) shunning the advances of the totally gorgeous women (Emmanuelle Béart). She's virtually legs open screaming 'do me'.... and he says 'nah'. If that doesn't make you cry then nothing will :ohmy:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Pay it Forward - Haley Joel Osment, Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt.... fantastic film.

Had me blubbing on my 30th Birthday when I was all alone in the States on a course (not actually on the course that day though), mid afternoon.... good job no-one knows about that incident... oh. :ohmy:

:tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
spindrift said:
Actually, the most moving part of Schindler is a wonderful piece of acting from ben Kingsley, after oskar's been given the ring he mutters "I could have done more".

Kingsley acts as if he couldn't hear, the line is repeated, and Kingsley just shakes his head.

From then onwards I'm in floods.

Whale Rider made me blub too.

And this terribly moving scene:

I though you were being serious, and my estimation of you was going up. That's a very emotional scene. Sacrifice, friendship, the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few, all very worthy and moving.

Then I saw the additional character.:ohmy:

You just can't help yourself, can you?:tongue:

spindrift

Tetedelacourse

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Pay it Forward - Haley Joel Osment, Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt.... fantastic film.

Had me blubbing on my 30th Birthday when I was all alone in the States on a course (not actually on the course that day though), mid afternoon.... good job no-one knows about that incident... oh. :ohmy:

:tongue:

Aye that wee bastard was built to make people greet.

spindrift

chakakhaaan.gif

Top Bottom