Oxymorons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Raised to the ground, has always baffled me, did it come from below ground? no, it collapsed, fell down, there was no raising involved.

But is that an awfully good oxymoron? or even an oxymoron.

It's not an oxymoron. It is a misspelling of razed.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
It would be, if it were the only way of frying things.

But your fish & chips from the local chippy is "fried" but not "pan-fried".
"Pan fried" means using a frying pan, rather than a deep-fat fryer.

Deep fried = submerged e.g. battered fish

Shallow fried = part submerged, e.g. breadcrumbed plaice fillet turned half way through cooking

Pan fried = only sufficient oil to coat bottom of pan e.g. plain sea bass fillet almost cooked out skin side down and turned briefly to colour flesh side.

Pan roast = as pan fried but flashed through hot oven to cook through e.g. thick salmon fillet

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Bike lane - It would be if only everyone and their tractor wasn’t allowed in it.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Anything described as a 'quality' whatever p's me off. Quality is conditional ie good quality, poor quality, premium quality etc. Without the additional descriptor (think that might be a made up word), 'quality' means nowt. It is often used with other stupid expressions like 'farmhouse' and 'hand-crafted'. You wouldn't a frame handcrafted by a moron let loose with oxy kit.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not exactly an oxymoron but 'saved by the woodwork'. No: the woodwork didn't save anything; they just hit it.

carpiste

Guru
Deep fried = submerged e.g. battered fish

Shallow fried = part submerged, e.g. breadcrumbed plaice fillet turned half way through cooking

Pan fried = only sufficient oil to coat bottom of pan e.g. plain sea bass fillet almost cooked out skin side down and turned briefly to colour flesh side.

Pan roast = as pan fried but flashed through hot oven to cook through e.g. thick salmon fillet
I take it you`re an avid cooking show viewer, a celebrity, contestant, chef or very experienced amateur ^_^

Top Bottom