Pebble Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just read that back and have now edited it as it wasn't meant to sound harsh in anyway :cheers:

Keith Oates

Janner
If I'm on the bike I don't stop to answer the phone. However when I do stop for a break I will then look at the phone and call back if I think it's going to be important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Am I just sad. I get so little phone calls and texts I have no need for it. :blush:

I like the idea of alerting Strava segments though :smile:

Your not alone, I have no need for a gadget like this, personally I prefered it when we had no gadgets, we just enjoyed riding our bikes.

OP
OP
NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
There have been times I've missed calls I needed to take, I don't have the luxury of days off where I can't be reached.

It won't be for everyone.

lozcs

Guru
If you want one, this site has 15 left, my father in law got one and it took two days to arrive:

http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/pebble-black-paper-watch-android-iphone-p-1135.html

I pre-ordered in December - God knows how long I'll have to wait still.

A bit peeved I could get from that site for probably not much more that I paid (yet to see what import duty will be?)

I got a similar thing with my Sony phone a couple of years ago, and never really took to it. Partly because it only had a very short battery life and wasn't waterproof.

I was once on a ride between London and Eastbourne, and my partner was on the road between London and Birmingham. My phone (which was on my handlebars) kept getting text messages, so I'd stop, put on my reading glasses, bring up the messages screen, put my glasses away and cycle on. A network error meant I actually got the same message 20+ times. After that I installed Utter! so text messages are read out to me. Very convenient on long rides

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I got a similar thing with my Sony phone a couple of years ago, and never really took to it. Partly because it only had a very short battery life and wasn't waterproof.

I was once on a ride between London and Eastbourne, and my partner was on the road between London and Birmingham. My phone (which was on my handlebars) kept getting text messages, so I'd stop, put on my reading glasses, bring up the messages screen, put my glasses away and cycle on. A network error meant I actually got the same message 20+ times. After that I installed Utter! so text messages are read out to me. Very convenient on long rides

I'll let ya know if this works out better!

Top Bottom