Pebble Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
NotthatJasonKenny

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Yeah, the first had to go back and then the second so when the third arrived I sold it unopened. It was a design fault with the screen which I believe has been fixed with the very latest model version (the steel has other faults) of the plastic pebble.

I was a kickstarter backer and was promised the earth, they didn't live up to their promises of features nor quality.

Plus, my eyes are getting bad and I couldn't see the screen, it is very poor quality (by design to save battery life) and may suit some but not me.

I have gone back to wearing my Omega and to be honest I don't miss a smartwatch at all, also gone back to an iPhone 5s so not tempted with the gear at all.

I doubt I will get the Iwatch either unless it does something amazing.

albion

Guru
Anyone using the Sony Smartwatch 3?

I know it has GPS and an always on sunlight readable screen but what is it like to use bike mounted?
The price is currently a saner sub £100 but even at that price I'd rather not buy a gimmick.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm officially giving up on my pebble. I loved the concept and liked the fact I was backing an outsider but after at least a year of the device failing to remain paired, followed by months and months of the device thinking it has lost pairing when it hasn't I started to lose faith.

Then the screen stuffed up. For months the pebble has been pretty much unusable. It looks like pebble are going to replace the device for me but I'm done. I'm giving the replacement to a friend when it arrives.

Wearing the pebble for so long did prove the concept of smart watches so effective that I now would struggle to be without one. I can't justify spending £350 on an Apple watch so I've picked up a Garmin Vivosmart.

veloman

Got one, love it. Use it with endomondo whilst cycling, just attach to handlebars. Shows GPS info direct from my phone plus text messages and incoming calls for me to ignore.

lozcs

Guru
On my second Pebble - first was original kickstart backer replaced with Pebble Time a couple of months ago "championship backer"

I love it too!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've just heard from Pebble and they're going to send me a new watch ASAP. Impressive.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I nearly bought a Pebble Steel but ended up going for the Motorola 360 instead. At £120 it would have been rude not to. Very impressed so far.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Love my Pebble watch.
Had it about a year now and has never let me down. Great for on the go when you can't be arsed to reply to texts, calls etc
Also good for footy score updates.

Top Bottom