Pedal for Scotland - Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dayvo said:
Something like 'Cud chewin', kid beatin', Weegie'?

And to those who don't know (or care), Magnatom's mate, John, crossed the finish line and IMMEDIATELY took out a young kiddie on his bike, and they both ended up on the grass!

He does claim it was the kids fault! I will try and encourage him to join.

Dayvo, I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned my little 'off' on the way back from the pub. I blame goo as he did suggest that it was a straight road back when it clearly wasn't....;)

Tetedelacourse said:
Dayvo how about a return leg in Norvege?! That would definitely see me a free man!

How about this?

http://www.styrkeproven.no/mainmenu.asp?refnr=28

540 km! Free man, perhaps; broken man, definitely! :wacko:

Or in Sweden, 300 km:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vätternrundan

What do ya reckon? :biggrin:

I want to do them both, at some time! :wacko:;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Dayvo, I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned my little 'off' on the way back from the pub. I blame goo as he did suggest that it was a straight road back when it clearly wasn't....:wacko:

After only two pints!! Mag, yer light weight...:smile:

Dayvo give us the details...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dayvo said:
And to those who don't know (or care), Magnatom's mate, John, crossed the finish line and IMMEDIATELY took out a young kiddie on his bike, and they both ended up on the grass!
So as I understand it, John crosses the line, there's a youngster who has just ridden 55miles, at the young age of ?? ahead of him, so John 'takes him out'. :wacko: :evil:

Really ?? He just runs the poor guy down ? :eek: The Cad ! The Bounder ! Oh I say ! [yes, I'm from Edimbra ]

Of course, John might plead that he, too, had just done 55 miles (in the company of Team CC Scotland :wacko:) and was therefore not fully compus mentis. :smile:

Nice one, John! You're probably on youtube now! :biggrin:
And he was probably on Real Radio at the time :tongue:

Hairy Jock said:
Dayvo give us the details...

OK, you talked me into it! :evil:

In our haste to ensure we overed the mile-long ride in time (we had at least 20 minutes) we quickly re-traced our tracks back to the park. Our sense of direction wasn't too good, but we had guessed correctly so far. John was leading, but Magnatom doubted his right turn and continued heading left, when in a milli-second he realised John was correct and very quickly swung his bike round 180 degrees; unfortunatley his back wheel didn't grip the path, which was covered in ivy (or some kind of green plant) and down he went like a sack of spuds. Fortunately he only had a slight graze to his lower leg, although I think his pride took a greater knock. We made it back to the park with about 18 minutes to spare. :tongue:

I did not go through any unauthorised red lights. It was dark amber! :wacko::smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dayvo said:
OK, you talked me into it! :biggrin:

In our haste to ensure we overed the mile-long ride in time (we had at least 20 minutes) we quickly re-traced our tracks back to the park. Our sense of direction wasn't too good, but we had guessed correctly so far. John was leading, but Magnatom doubted his right turn and continued heading left, when in a milli-second he realised John was correct and very quickly swung his bike round 180 degrees; unfortunatley his back wheel didn't grip the path, which was covered in ivy (or some kind of green plant) and down he went like a sack of spuds. Fortunately he only had a slight graze to his lower leg, although I think his pride took a greater knock. We made it back to the park with about 18 minutes to spare. :biggrin:

I did not go through any unauthorised red lights. It was dark amber! :biggrin::biggrin:

Just one correction. We actually had 16 mins and 43 seconds to spare, although that dropped considerably when Dayvo went to empty the reservoir that is his bladder...:biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
Just one correction. We actually had 16 mins and 43 seconds to spare, although that dropped considerably when Dayvo went to empty the reservoir that is his bladder...:biggrin:
Can you verify that by video ??? :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
+
I did not go through any unauthorised red lights. It was dark amber!
No surprises there - but maybe dehydration setting in, leading to a loss of performance ???

OP
OP
M

magnatom

John has informed me that he has joined the forum. Looking at the recent members it is not too difficult to work out who he is. We shall wait for his first post with baited breath....:biggrin:

Top Bottom