Pedal for Scotland - Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right. I've finally got around to registering for Pedal for Scotland. If you want to be in my gang the CycleChat team then all you have to do is register here http://www.pedalforscotland.org/files/register.php

Make sure you enter Team entry in the Registration options section and the team name is CycleChat (note the capitals as it needs to be entered exactly).

I have set my start time as 9:20am, not too early, not too late. It would be good if a few of us could start at the same time.

So go on, the more the merrier!:laugh: I promise not to bring my helmet camera, unless you want me to! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Forgot to say; post here when you have registered! :laugh:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mr Pig said:
Oh man... I can't be bothered but now I'll feel really guilty when you guys ride past in the rain! ;0)

Go on, go on, go on! You'll get to meet the now legendary magnatom in the flesh. I would even autograph your jersey if you like :laugh:;)

Anyway, very long range, but highly accurate forecasts (my sightly messed up knee) suggest that we are in for a long dry spell over the first three weeks in September :biggrin:

I thought that the route was supposed to be alernate, ie Glas-Edin one year, Edin-Glas the next, its the same as last year :laugh: and I was looking forward to be able to cycle a start in Edinburgh and then cycle back. 9:20 in Glasgow Green is a bit early for that, there goes that plan. I've not got round to registering yet, I might later.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HLaB said:
I thought that the route was supposed to be alernate, ie Glas-Edin one year, Edin-Glas the next, its the same as last year :smile: and I was looking forward to be able to cycle a start in Edinburgh and then cycle back. 9:20 in Glasgow Green is a bit early for that, there goes that plan. I've not got round to registering yet, I might later.

I think the prevailing Westerly wind had something to do with the decision. Although my knee does also suggest that the winds will actually be 4mph SSE (averaged over the day and course, assuming I take 3 hours to complete it). Cloud cover will average 15% with a cloud base of 2000 ft, and the temperature will be 19C at 9:20am rising to 23C by 12:20pm just as I sit down to a well earned lunch in Edinburgh.

I talk to my knee a lot.....:biggrin::biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
12:20pm just as I sit down to a well earned lunch in Edinburgh.

You are intending to bypass the best parts of the route:?::biggrin:
The home made sticky cakes at Avonbridge, and grub at Linlithgow are the big attractions for most people.:biggrin::smile:

Melvil

snorri said:
You are intending to bypass the best parts of the route:?::smile:
The home made sticky cakes at Avonbridge, and grub at Linlithgow are the big attractions for most people.:tongue::biggrin:

I really liked the wee church hall (don't know where it was, halfway?) - that had really nice food and we ate it sitting in the pews.

Tetedelacourse

Yeah that's Avonbridge. Will be registering with the Mrs but not in the team - don't want to hold you back!

Will aim for same start time and don the CC jersey though so we can at least meet.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

snorri said:
You are intending to bypass the best parts of the route:?::smile:
The home made sticky cakes at Avonbridge, and grub at Linlithgow are the big attractions for most people.:tongue::biggrin:

:evil: Sounds good!

Actually I completely guessed the time it would take me. How long should we aim for, taking into account that we will have cake stops and that the longest distance I have ever ridden on my hybrid is 6 miles (although I like to think I am reasonably fit :biggrin:)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
Yeah that's Avonbridge. Will be registering with the Mrs but not in the team - don't want to hold you back!

Will aim for same start time and don the CC jersey though so we can at least meet.

Aye, I will certainly be wearing my CC jersey. I'm not sure you would be holding me back though.....:tongue:

Magnatom!

I was going to pm you, but I'll do it here now instead!

What a hassle! Either I'm a complete idiot (:wacko::tongue:) or that's a useless logging on site! :biggrin:

I tried FOUR times and it was still fukked!

I'll try again later, when I've calmed down!

If your generous offer is still on, er, offer, then, yes please, I'd like to stay a night or two (The Saurday and Sunday).

Shouldn't be a problem with the flights, either.

The ride is from Glasgow to Edinburgh; how do we (I) get back? Is it organised transport, or private? Do I/we go en masse with the bus organised for the trip? Lots of questions. I'd be happy to cycle back, if necessary!
And also there is the question of scrounging borrowing a bike! I think Tet's sounded the most suitable, but he might have come to his senses changed his mind!

Anyway, I'm up for it, and looking forward to it, and hope to meet as many of you 'southerners' as possible once I work out how to register! :tongue:

snorri

Legendary Member
Everyone can do their own thing of course, but I think a slow pace makes for a more enjoyable and friendly event. Some people slow down and cycle along with another who looks like they need a little encouragement, or just have a chat with a stranger travelling at similar speed. Some choose to treat it like a race, but these people never look as if they are enjoying themselves.:tongue:
You definitely don't want to rush the cakestops;):biggrin:

Register here
http://www.pedalforscotland.org/files/register.php

Top Bottom