Pedal for Scotland - Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Melvil said:
I really liked the wee church hall (don't know where it was, halfway?) - that had really nice food and we ate it sitting in the pews.

That was Avonbridge, but they don't use the church any more. Apparently they heard that some members of this forum wouldn't do the ride as the thought of going into a church terrified them! ;0)

It's a tiny tent in a field now! Pretty crap actually.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dayvo said:
Magnatom!

If your generous offer is still on, er, offer, then, yes please, I'd like to stay a night or two (The Saurday and Sunday).

Shouldn't be a problem with the flights, either.

The ride is from Glasgow to Edinburgh; how do we (I) get back? Is it organised transport, or private? Do I/we go en masse with the bus organised for the trip? Lots of questions. I'd be happy to cycle back, if necessary!

Of course you are more than welcome to stay at our house. As I mentioned previously all you need to be wary of is small children and the mass of toys that go with them. I find I generally trip over at least one toy every day! :biggrin:

Where are you going to be flying into? Prestwick or Glasgow Int? I'll arrange to pick you up.

When you manage to register you can opt to have your bike shipped back to Glasgow by truck. That's what I am doing, although it might be worth checking with the person whom you are borrowing your bike from to see where they want the bike at the end.

I assume we get the train back to Glasgow. That would also allow the opportunity to have a couple of beers on route! :biggrin:

We always like visitors, especially well travelled ones (you've been around a bit haven't you....oo-er ;)) .We've done a bit but would love to do more, but with kids it isn't so easy, so we make do with stories! :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

snorri said:
Everyone can do their own thing of course, but I think a slow pace makes for a more enjoyable and friendly event. Some people slow down and cycle along with another who looks like they need a little encouragement, or just have a chat with a stranger travelling at similar speed. Some choose to treat it like a race, but these people never look as if they are enjoying themselves.:smile:
You definitely don't want to rush the cakestops;):biggrin:

Register here
http://www.pedalforscotland.org/files/register.php

I'm more than happy to keep the pace slow. I want to avoid the heavy breathing I do on my commute! (unless of course there happens to be a nice lady.....;):biggrin:)

Melvil

Cool - that's me registered now for team CycleChat!

Am seriously considering cycling over to Glasgow for the 9:20 start....means a 6:00 off from the house but as long as its fairly light and not raining......perhaps I could tempt Hlab!

Melvil said:
Cool - that's me registered now for team CycleChat!

Am seriously considering cycling over to Glasgow for the 9:20 start....means a 6:00 off from the house but as long as its fairly light and not raining......perhaps I could tempt Hlab!
Thats me signed up for the 9:20 start too.
Melvil if you're up for the cycle to the start just drop me a line, I'd be up for it.

Noodley

Can I just point out this is a stupid idea. :smile: Cycle from A to B, then pay money to have your bike trashed and dropped and trodden on and most likely lost delivered back to A many hours after you have returned to A and stood around in the freezing cold rain.

However, I'll have a look and see if I can make it :blush: I'd most likely join the Melvil et al peloton from Auld Reekie if I can (something tells me Mrs Noodley will have something for me to do that weekend I have something else on but she is asleep in the next room my diary is at work.)

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo you're more than welcome to the hack I've got. I'll pop it through to Glasgow in advance and pick it up from you in Edin at the end to save the faff of the transportation.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mr Pig said:
It's not like they check, you can start when you like. I've not started at my allocated time yet.

So Mr Pig, can we convince you to join us?:smile:

surfgurl

I'd love to do it, but I have to work that day. If I get a new job which means not working weekends, then I will fly up and join the team. MIL is in Edinburgh, I'm sure she would love me to stay!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

surfgurl said:
I'd love to do it, but I have to work that day. If I get a new job which means not working weekends, then I will fly up and join the team. MIL is in Edinburgh, I'm sure she would love me to stay!

Time to get a new job then! :biggrin:

Top Bottom