People who say "No problem!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Does anybody else find this expression irritating? It's very popular with younger folk and it irritates me because I think it's a tiny bit insulting. What it says to me is: "It might have been a problem but actually I managed to get it done for you anyway."

What's wrong with "My pleasure" or "You're welcome"?

Or should I just open another bottle and chill?

Slick

Guru
I'm going for B. :okay:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Does anybody else find this expression irritating? It's very popular with younger folk and it irritates me because I think it's a tiny bit insulting. What it says to me is: "It might have been a problem but actually I managed to get it done for you anyway."

What's wrong with "My pleasure" or "You're welcome"?

Or should I just open another bottle and chill?
No probs - open another bottle.:okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Da nada

sheddy

Legendary Member
Particularly irritating when online staff are just taking down my name/address & order details.

Are you merely selling me something or conducting a comprehensive security check ffs !

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
We stayed at the Crieff Hydro and it seemed like all the waiting staff had been on the same training course. Every "thanks" was met with a cheerily meaningless "no problem", so much that I realised there is such a thing as over-training your younger less experienced staff.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’m not one of the younger folk, and I find the “No Problem” more sincere than “your welcome”, and more truthful (mostly) than “My pleasure”.
So B for me too!

But without 'older folk' getting all lathered up at these craven neoligisms the 'younger folk' would have nothing to annoy them with right ??

Or as my dad used to say when we were younger - "We've got to give you something to kick against"

But being an absent-minded professorial type, he would then wander off, having forgotten to supply the goods required for rebellion.

Just out of interest, when is the current age range for younger / older??

I fear I may have drifted across this Rubicon, with rather too little fanfare :sad:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
But without 'older folk' getting all lathered up at these craven neoligisms the 'younger folk' would have nothing to annoy them with right ??

Or as my dad used to say when we were younger - "We've got to give you something to kick against"

But being an absent-minded professorial type, he would then wander off, having forgotten to supply the goods required for rebellion.

Just out of interest, when is the current age range for younger / older??

I fear I may have drifted across this Rubicon, with rather too little fanfare :sad:

14 years old

Top Bottom