People who say "No problem!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another moany old git fred.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once had a conversation with a bank bloke in a call centre who kept calling me "Mate". It irritated me but I said nothing until we were closing the call when I said:"Oh just one more thing... I'm sure you're a nice bloke and I'd probably enjoy a pint with you but I'm not your MATE! Customers are Sir or Mister!"

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I once had a conversation with a bank bloke in a call centre who kept calling me "Mate". It irritated me but I said nothing until we were closing the call when I said:"Oh just one more thing... I'm sure you're a nice bloke and I'd probably enjoy a pint with you but I'm not your MATE! Customers are Sir or Mister!"

I had a lorry driver turn up today, to deliver some gravel, who insisted on calling me 'love' repeatedly, and commenting on my appearance.

Imagine how annoying that is, to encounter on a daily basis..

For THE WHOLE OF YOUR LIFE.. :rolleyes:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
As with many such expressions it entirely depends on who says it, and how.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes so do I love the French language. My brother in Michigan and I are chatting on Watsapp about the 11 million Canadians of French heritage. His last Watsapp says that the big GM car names Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, were all named after first nation chiefs but that in French Canadian culture Chevrolet has been adopted as an insult as it means goat-shagger. I've been thinking about that and can only assume they say chêvrelier meaning goat-rider in the same way as chevalier means horse-rider. Language is fascinating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom