people who talk absolute b**llocks about the speed they cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bonj2

i must admit I am warming to hilldodgers alternative statistics, they do sound a lot more interesting ;)

Noodley

So bonj, if someone rides 50 miles in 2 and a half hours that is an average of 20mph. Is this a lie or the truth? They may ride faster or slower during the 50 miles but the average will be 20mph. Yes?

Noodley

bonj said:
i must admit I am warming to hilldodgers alternative statistics, they do sound a lot more interesting :wacko:

See bonj, here was you saying all this time you didn't know anything about audax ;)

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Hilldodger said:
I can easily manage four cups of tea and three slices of cake an hour. More if I need to:tongue:
I've done a fair bit of training and can easily beat that ...

Oh, and I can average 44mph on my Trice and have the GPS log to prove it. (I simply declared the top of the hill the start of a new ride and the bottom of the hill the end of that ride and the start of a different one ...)

Ben

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Noodley said:
So bonj, if someone rides 50 miles in 2 and a half hours that is an average of 20mph. Is this a lie or the truth? They may ride faster or slower during the 50 miles but the average will be 20mph. Yes?
That's almost definitely a lie. Unless they're a TdF fella.

Noodley said:
See bonj, here was you saying all this time you didn't know anything about audax ;)
I don't. Why what's that got to do with audax? Oh, cakes. i see. :wacko:

Ben Lovejoy said:
I've done a fair bit of training and can easily beat that ...

Oh, and I can average 44mph on my Trice and have the GPS log to prove it. (I simply declared the top of the hill the start of a new ride and the bottom of the hill the end of that ride and the start of a different one ...)

Ben

Exactly, that's how most people define 'average' speed. It's not secret!

Noodley

bonj said:
That's almost definitely a lie. Unless they're a TdF fella.

You need to find out a bit more about cycling. "Evens" (20mph) over 50 miles is not a big deal.

Dave5N

Über Member
Bonj, Bonj, Bonj,

Join a club or do something to meet some cyclists! 20-25 isn't so very fast.

Recent figures: Hutchindon did a '10' in 18' 26"!.

Madison at Manchester averaged 35MPH.

Even I usually do 18-20 MPH and that's with everyone waiting around for me.

gavintc

Guru
Averaging 20-21 mph is my standard. I can maintain it for 4-5 hrs. I wish I could push out 25 mph, but as an old bugger of nearly 51, I think this speed is in my dreams as an av speed.

Noodley

<enters bonj world> Dave and gavin you are liars :wacko: <leaves bonj world - a scary place to have visited ;)>

OP
OP
B

bonj2

see, any compulsive behaviour on this forum - you dare to complain about it and it just triggers more of it.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

gavintc said:
Averaging 20-21 mph is my standard. I can maintain it for 4-5 hrs. I wish I could push out 25 mph, but as an old bugger of nearly 51, I think this speed is in my dreams as an av speed.

Dave5N said:
Bonj, Bonj, Bonj,

Join a club or do something to meet some cyclists! 20-25 isn't so very fast.

Recent figures: Hutchindon did a '10' in 18' 26"!.

Madison at Manchester averaged 35MPH.

Even I usually do 18-20 MPH and that's with everyone waiting around for me.

you talk SHITE.

Top Bottom