Petition for faster E-bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any of whom could probably manage at the current maximum speed.
Most casual cyclists I come across are going slower than I am on my ebike - they are probably doing 10-13 mph on mountain bikes or hybrids

I pretty much only get passed by people riding proper road bikes and wearing Lycra and looking like they ride most days.
Sometime I come across fitter people on mountain.hybrid bike - but it is rare - at least round here - YMMV

D

Deleted member 26715

My average speed is 9mph, possibly 10 on a good dfay

Drago

Legendary Member
My average speed is slower on my ebike, necuade ofmI don't slow down I don't drop below 15.5 and don't get any assistance. And im a big heavy lump in my 50's, not this Lance Wighoy bloke.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
Some posts have been Deleted, as this is not in the NACA part of the forum, so let's keep politics out of it, please. :okay:

I wonder if the OP's views have changed since he started the thread. Don't think he has been back to read any of them yet!
He probably has been back to read it and decided he is wasting his time. Probably better of going to pedelecs.co.uk!!
And I don't think it follows he will get a lot of supporters there either.

He probably has been back to read it and decided he is wasting his time. Probably better of going to pedelecs.co.uk!!
And I don't think it follows he will get a lot of supporters there either.
Yeah - been there - doesn't look good for him

funny - it was the same with the last one that was pretty much the same
wonder why this one has the same reaction????????

look like maybe - just maybe - the shouty people who want to go faster are maybe not the majority

they talk a lot more - but only their supporters reply

gbb

Legendary Member
EU decision 25kmh equals 15.5mph. I doubt we had to follow it but the manufacturers did hence we fell in behind it.
Yebbut, what actually drove the decision for 25 kph ? It'd be interesting to know.
Could be a calculated trade off by boffins, speed vs battery drain and range, finding a mid point that works best.
Could be something along the lines of my argument, accepted general speed a cyclist is generally expected to be travelling at.
It could be arbitrary, just a figure some faceless technocrat thought of ?

We will probably never know but it might re-inforce the argument that 15.5 mph is just about right and proper.

Top Bottom