Phew!! cyclist near miss at level crossing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rupie

Über Member
I was talking to someone about it and they tried to say that the crossing was of poor design, and it is the responsability of the railways to make them full proof. I called him an idiot, you dont have gates at all traffic red lights to stop people jumping them, but them I thought yes cyclists jump those too, and knowone reacts like they have here about the train !!!

Train Spotter maybe ????

Nothing stranger than folk
People are unpredictable and it never ceases to amaze me just how thing you never expect to happen just do
I suppose she 'learned by doing' as they say......

Maz

Guru
_70230190_70230189.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-24367596
What's the red box sitting on the engine?

gavgav

Guru
I wasn't clear... what I meant was that I would have been less entertained (sickened, even) had the ending been otherwise.

It was the knowledge that it all ended happily (although perhaps not for the train driver) that made it entertaining.
Entertaining?!!!!! Try telling that to one of my friends, who is a newly qualified train driver and is petrified of his first fatality. :wacko:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Entertaining?!!!!! Try telling that to one of my friends, who is a newly qualified train driver and is petrified of his first fatality. :wacko:

Yeah, he'd soon change his choo-choon.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Friend has just returned to driving trains after the 3rd suicide in front of his cab ... he had to have leave and was instructed to get proper counselling to cope [which they organised on his behalf]- thought he didn't need it but it really helped him come to terms with why people do it..

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I cross rural rail crossings regularly on my rides.

Regardless of there being no barrier down/ flashing signal or audible warning I ALWAYS slow to a crawl and look BOTH ways BEFORE crossing.

It goes without saying, if the barrier's down, lights flashing etc, I just ease off and wait to cross. Then I adopt the above approach - CAUTION at ALL times.

Trouble is some people are so thick that simple common sense eludes them.

I pity train drivers in cases like this.

I go over that crossing every day and strangely have never felt the need to go around the barrier when it's down.

It looks like there is train stopped at the far platform so maybe she thought that was why the barrier was down.

Top Bottom