Phrases I`m getting increasingly sick of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I didn't mean physically fighting back 😂 .. I have worked in a large factory for the past 30yrs and it had always been rife with the 'old school' chauvinistic, racist, dinosaur types but, I have seen a change for the better over the past 10yrs so attitudes are heading in the right direction and, like the dinosaurs, the remaining minority will hopefully soon die out too. Anyway, I won't bore everybody any longer with my lengthy twaddle as I can waffle on forever given the chance so that is my last word on the subject (honest!) :cuppa:

Good.. :okay:

And yes, that's quite enough from you my man :rolleyes:

(and me :hello:)

Smudge

Veteran
I didn't mean physically fighting back 😂 .. I have worked in a large factory for the past 30yrs and it had always been rife with the 'old school' chauvinistic, racist, dinosaur types but, I have seen a change for the better over the past 10yrs so attitudes are heading in the right direction and, like the dinosaurs, the remaining minority will hopefully soon die out too. Anyway, I won't bore everybody any longer with my lengthy twaddle as I can waffle on forever given the chance so that is my last word on the subject (honest!) :cuppa:

The world moves on of course..... But this 'old school' working environment wasn't just restricted to a male working environment.
It was a brave young lad that would go onto the factory shop floor of women workers.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The world moves on of course..... But this 'old school' working environment wasn't just restricted to a male working environment.
It was a brave young lad that would go onto the factory shop floor of women workers.

You'd find it truly terrifying at the farm here then :rolleyes:

It's mostly women working together :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I doubt i'd find it terrifying at all. I also doubt you and your workers would act like woman in factories from the 60's, 70's and 80's.
And even if you did, i'm far too old to be intimidated by that shyte these days.
:rolleyes:

Yes - no panic - despite being armed with sharp implements - we generally draw the line - at drawing blood. :angel:

Smudge

Veteran
:rolleyes:

Yes - no panic - despite being armed with sharp implements - we generally draw the line - at drawing blood. :angel:

From seeing your posts i assume you work on a farm.
Plenty of things on a farm to draw blood, or even remove a limb or two, another person isn't even needed to be involved in the maiming.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
From seeing your posts i assume you work on a farm.
Plenty of things on a farm to draw blood, or even remove a limb or two, another person isn't even needed to be involved in the maiming.

Yes I've had a few near misses, over the years, rushing to get stuff done ,
But, I'm actually quite a fan of 'Elf and Safety' :okay:

There..

That's 'Something I don't want to hear any more'
-
"It's health and safety gone mad"

-- cos no it probably isn't..
It's usually juat making sure ppl stay alive, and in one healthy piece.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
That reminds me of when I visited the Courtauld's underwear factory near Morecambe a few times for work, as you'd walk past the rows of sewing machinists they'd all stop and start waving whatever they were making at you.

Or the time I went to an old textile mill in Oldham, the machine I was working on was on one side of a large, mainly empty, room. At the other side of the room were four women working at a table, I hadn't even had chance to start work when I heard, ' phwoah, bit of fresh meat!' :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That reminds me of when I visited the Courtauld's underwear factory near Morecambe a few times for work, as you'd walk past the rows of sewing machinists they'd all stop and start waving whatever they were making at you.

Or the time I went to an old textile mill in Oldham, the machine I was working on was on one side of a large, mainly empty, room. At the other side of the room were four women working at a table, I hadn't even had chance to start work when I heard, ' phwoah, bit of fresh meat!' :smile:
Totally OT but you remind me of visiting a shed in Grimsby where rows of men & women were gutting/filleting flat fish, at gobsmacking speed. While I was talking with the line manager, I suddenly became aware of a loud knocking thundering through the shed, and turned to see the entire workforce banging the heels of their knives on the table. "Someone must have nicked themselves," said the line manager, telling me later that the practice went back to the middle ages.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Just a tiny bit of insight into how it is for many women, when they're so damn cheeky as to walk down the street, minding their own business, wearing their own clothes.

Or get leered at by the office b*ll*nd, just for daring to exist, as a female.

Only the stakes are considerably higher.

There's a few guys who will get quite stroppy, and 'hurt' by having their advances rejected, and make a woman feel threatened, or do worse, if she doesn't go along with it.

But what's the problem, eh ??

"It's only a bit of fun"

Smudge

Veteran

Indeed, that and a lot worse would go on.
When i was in my early 20's, i did a spot of parcel delivery for DHL for a while. I had to put up with all sorts of sexual comments and embarrassing behaviour whenever i delivered to a factory full of women. It would always be followed by loud cackling.
Get a crowd of women working together in those times and they could be equally as bad as men in the workplace.

stephec

Legendary Member
Just a tiny bit of insight into how it is for many women, when they're so damn cheeky as to walk down the street, minding their own business, wearing their own clothes.

Or get leered at by the office b*ll*nd, just for daring to exist, as a female.

Only the stakes are considerably higher.

There's a few guys who will get quite stroppy, and 'hurt' by having their advances rejected, and make a woman feel threatened, or do worse, if she doesn't go along with it.

But what's the problem, eh ??

"It's only a bit of fun"
It's alright, my post wasn't meant to be an attempt to redress the balance, just an anecdote of my own experiences.

I can laugh it off but also understand why a woman might feel threatened if it was the other way round.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's alright, my post wasn't meant to be an attempt to redress the balance, just an anecdote of my own experiences.

I can laugh it off but also understand why a woman might feel threatened if it was the other way round.

Cool, glad you 'get' it.

Shame there's still so many who don't.

Or won't :blink:

Top Bottom