Pick a colour for your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd go for orange and yellow

Gillstay

Über Member
It looks to me that all the red green colour blind males are saying blue and the others are saying red or green whilst unaware that they will get knocked off as the colour blind people wont see them. :laugh::whistle:

Sallar55

Veteran
Do you want a bike that stands out from the crowd or one that is ignored. The first will require a lock that's almost as heavy as the bike
The other will be safe outside a cafe with a cheap cable lock. I went from bling colours to dirty grey then a sand colour don't carry a lock now.

Reactions: C R

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Do you want a bike that stands out from the crowd or one that is ignored. The first will require a lock that's almost as heavy as the bike
The other will be safe outside a cafe with a cheap cable lock. I went from bling colours to dirty grey then a sand colour don't carry a lock now.

I've had two bikes that were non- discript, one grey and a bit tatty, the other was a dark blue hybrid nicked, when locked up.

Jody

Stubborn git
Not a colour that I would usually pick but a metalic burnt orange (bottom on the left or that one on the right, but it would depend on the bike).

Maybe blue, but it would have to be a darker shade or a nice anthracite.

I have a fondness for pink, so very bottom right (cannot read the tiny lettering!).

Or Viola Chiaro (sp?) looks quite nice. Or possibly, like many others, one of the blues. They all look very, very shiny to me.

Not red. Not white. And deffo not black.

Also could depend if going to balance frame color with other bits e.g bar tape, bottle cages etc.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
Usually I choose British Racing Green
In the early 70s, my dad had a Rover 2000 in BRG. As a 'favour', I thought I'd do a bit of minor respraying for him. Went to Halford's and then realised that Rover / Ford / Vauxhall / BMC BRGs were all various bluer or yellower shades of what I'd naively assumed would be one colour - !:laugh:

In the early 70s, my dad had a Rover 2000 in BRG. As a 'favour', I thought I'd do a bit of minor respraying for him. Went to Halford's and then realised that Rover / Ford / Vauxhall / BMC BRGs were all various bluer or yellower shades of what I'd naively assumed would be one colour - !:laugh:

It's also sometimes called Forest Green. Well, that's what the Rootes Group had it as.

Top Bottom