Ping Colin - KFC hot wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

Hi Gaz,

Not sure if this is slightly OT, but weight management has a lot to do with how you eat as well as what you eat. Sorry if you already know this through your amazing weight loss already.

Although not an expert in any sense of the word I believe the the accepted wisdom is to breakfast large, lunch moderately and dinner small. This means that at the close of the day, when your body is least active,your body is not converting so much food to fat.

Portion size is also important though this is different for different people. It helps if you have smaller plates, since they look fuller to the eye even with a smaller portion.

The point about your height/weight to calorie intake is very important too. No more than 500 calories less per day (either through less food or exercise or the combo of both). You need to find out your basal metabolic rate, that is the minimum calorie intake just to keep your body functioning without exercise etc. I am sure that there are on-line calculators/formulae that you can use to calculate your daily calorie requiremement. You may have to make an educated guess about how to alter this due to underactive thyroid though.

Low G.I. slow release carbs and lean proteins keep you feeling fuller for longer and hopefully can reduce the snacking impulse. So brown rice and turkey are your friends. As are any whole foods, beans, pulses and oily fish. Porridge and a fruit portion is great start to the day.

Don't cut fat entirely out. Your body needs good unsaturated fat to function. Nuts, particulaly Brazil nuts are a good source, just don't eat too many.

Maybe get a 2 week varied eating plan will help, so that you can stock up with what you need. Less need to pop to the shops and be tempted by the crap. The 2 weeks variety also stops you getting bored of same ol' same ol'.

No one can exist on healthy food alone, so allow yourself the occasional indulgence. I believe it's called the 10% rule - 10% of diet per week allowed to be treats.

Eating slowly makes a suprising difference. It allows your brain time to receive the 'I am full' signal from your stomach. Eating too fast swamps this feedback so that you just keep eating without realising that you are full.

Making changes to diet slowly is advisable. Too much change too quickly tends to result in failure of willpower and relapse into unhealthy eating habits.

Not sure if any of the above is informative, but I wish you every success regardless.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who has posed here.

So far this week I have eaten raisens and 2 different types of apple

I NEVER thought it possible TBH

so thanks, I'm working though all your suggestions and will look to formulate a plan

Gaz

Brandane

Legendary Member
Having just read through the 5 pages of this thread, I realise that you might not be ready for this, so it is just a suggestion, maybe for when you are further down the line on recovering from this eating disorder.

Since you seem to enjoy the "Reggae Reggae" nuts as produced by Levi Roots, you might want to look at his range of microwave meals.
http://www.reggae-re...Chilled%20Meals
As a fan of all things Jamaican, and particularly their food, I was delighted when these products appeared. 4 minutes in the microwave, so no need for any preparation skills either!

They are readily available in most of the larger branches of Tesco. OK; so microwave dinners are probably not the most healthy option but at least a step in the right direction! One of the lines is in fact jerk chicken wings which may be of interest to you.

Good luck with overcoming this in any case :thumbsup:.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who has posed here.

So far this week I have eaten raisens and 2 different types of apple

I NEVER thought it possible TBH

so thanks, I'm working though all your suggestions and will look to formulate a plan

Gaz

The way to look at it is that you have taken some massive steps recently, not only accepting the problem but seeking help and trying these new scary things.

When is your next appointment?

Gaz, I've no proper advice to offer you, I just wanted to offer my respect for not only what you've achieved but also what you're clearly still determined to tackle. I do hope you give yourself a real big pat on the back and a chance to wallow in the self satisfaction of what you've achieved.

I also think big credit needs to go to people on here for replying in a way that helps, encourages and supports Gaz in such a way that he seems quite comfortable to talk openly and consider advice.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz, I've no proper advice to offer you, I just wanted to offer my respect for not only what you've achieved but also what you're clearly still determined to tackle. I do hope you give yourself a real big pat on the back and a chance to wallow in the self satisfaction of what you've achieved.

I also think big credit needs to go to people on here for replying in a way that helps, encourages and supports Gaz in such a way that he seems quite comfortable to talk openly and consider advice.

I agree 110%, I am in a debt of gratitude and will always bee, for the helped re'cd so far..

Gaz

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Having just read through the 5 pages of this thread, I realise that you might not be ready for this, so it is just a suggestion, maybe for when you are further down the line on recovering from this eating disorder.

Since you seem to enjoy the "Reggae Reggae" nuts as produced by Levi Roots, you might want to look at his range of microwave meals.
http://www.reggae-re...Chilled%20Meals
As a fan of all things Jamaican, and particularly their food, I was delighted when these products appeared. 4 minutes in the microwave, so no need for any preparation skills either!

They are readily available in most of the larger branches of Tesco. OK; so microwave dinners are probably not the most healthy option but at least a step in the right direction! One of the lines is in fact jerk chicken wings which may be of interest to you.

Good luck with overcoming this in any case :thumbsup:.

Thanks

Saved for later :biggrin:

Top Bottom