Ping: fellow depressives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joolsybools

Good luck with your recovery. If you haven't considered it before, it may be an idea to look into some personal development type courses too. I've done things like assertiveness and self esteem. Some local adult ed colleages do this. I'm not sure where you are but some ideas in London are:

http://www.marywardcentre.ac.uk/courses/Personal/CoursesPersonal.asp

http://www.citylit.ac.uk/courses/Psychology,_counselling_&_personal_development/Personal_development

Having been a sufferer in the past and knowing many people who also suffer all I would say is don't give up. A really good book that was recommended to me is Dorothy Rowe's 'Depression: The way out of your prison' and I would recommend it to anyone. Take everything a day at a time.

Mr Farley

I haven't really got anything to add to what's already been said, but the honesty and kindness of some of the comments on here are really astounding ;).

OP
OP
T
Feeling somewhat better, and although not brilliant it does seem as if the slide has been halted. I picked up some chromium picolinate at the weekend, we'll see whether that complements the kelp and vit B supplements. Thanks for kind words everyone.

OP
OP
T
I'm taking a few days off work and will probably go back part-time, 8 - 4, 4 days per week. This will give me some more time off, and also help my wife as I can pick up and feed the little fellow and then make some supper, for when she comes home.

Quite looking forward to it, actually.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

TI

Speicher

Vice Admiral
That sounds like an excellent idea, Twenty Inch. It gives you more time, and gives you time with your son, and helps your wife. I hope the work does not invade your "day off". I hope it goes well for you.

I had started to feel depressed again. I have now managed to delegate some of the things people were expecting me to do. Even told someone, in a very nice sort of way, that something they wanted me to do for them, they were capable of doing it themselves, and suggested how they do it.

Just regaining some semblage of control, has been a good start for me.

trio25

Über Member
I've had a rocky couple of weeks and I think its the weather. The sun is out today and I am feeling good. About to get the bike out and go the long way to work!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
I've had a rocky couple of weeks and I think its the weather. The sun is out today and I am feeling good. About to get the bike out and go the long way to work!
I suffer from S.A.D. so this time of year is always difficult but I've been blasting myself with my lightbox to take the edge off it. Despite that, I can hardly remember anything about November, other than the fact that it was very wet, windy and gloomy! :biggrin:

Despite the foul weather I was perked up a bit by a ride with colly, Alun and Crimmey at the weekend. Making the effort to get out and do something certainly helps.

Yes, the sunshine does make a big difference. It's sunny here today too, and I just got a call asking me out for a hilly walk so today should be okay.

It's less than 3 weeks to the Winter Solstice now, and things always start to feel better after that as the evenings start to lighten again. I don't mind so much about the cold, it's the short wretched gloomy days that I can't stand.

Hang on in there everybody! :biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
It was so nice today to get out and see the sun, in fact it was blinding me at times. So different to the last few weeks where even riding at lunchtime (a regular occurance due to my job) I had to have my lights on!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speicher said:
Sunshine and blue skies here too today. I can see huge amounts of sky.

trio25 said:
It was so nice today to get out and see the sun, in fact it was blinding me at times.
foster-wood-sunshine.jpg

Crikey - what's that behind the trees? :tongue:

It's amazing how much difference a couple of hours in the sunshine can make.

I'm glad that you've been feeling better too TI.

Just to add to the previous 3 posts.....clear sky + exercise + sunshine = at least 60mg Citalopram (or whatever your poison is!)

I've been to the bottom over the last 6 months, I'm now floating back near the top. An even keel would be nice, but Christmas brings its own waves.

Well done to Virgo for such an honest post. Try to keep happy folks.

cheadle hulme said:
Just to add to the previous 3 posts.....clear sky + exercise + sunshine = at least 60mg Citalopram (or whatever your poison is!)

I've been to the bottom over the last 6 months, I'm now floating back near the top. An even keel would be nice, but Christmas brings its own waves.

Well done to Virgo for such an honest post. Try to keep happy folks.
Thank you. I find honesty is the best policy.

It's impossible to cycle in Atlantic Canada for at least 4 months of the year so I have switched back to running for about 7 miles twice a week. An hour of that is hugely beneficial to my mood and I can even manage it in many degrees below zero!

Short cold days are not such a problem for me and I enjoy the comfort of dark. Today though, the skies are piercingly blue but the apartment carpark is frozen like a skating rink!

Top Bottom