Planet X Das Boot - any users?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
They've arrived..
The size 43 fits my feet beautifully. I'm usually a 8.5 in shoes.
The interior is plush and they feel very warm to wear.
I'm going to try them on the bike tomorrow, it's due to be below freezing. Winter spiked tyres fitted.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
dainty feet! :laugh::laugh:

I look forward to hearing about your first ride with them. How flexible is the sole around the cleat area? Is there much flex? How is the fit? narrow or wide??

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I did just 7.5 miles in deep frosty conditions. Literally breaking the ice on puddles and with my Wahoo reading -6. Fingers very cold. Toes, however, quite warm enough. Outside thermometer at home reading -3.

I didn't notice any flex, the soles feel stiff when walking. The front of the shoes is a close fitting on my average sized feet so I would size up if you need a wider fitting.

I wore just one pair of thinnish merino blend socks, they'd fit with a thicker pair but I'm not sure they're required at this temperature.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Shoe sizing is funny for me, Northwave EU45 fits me great , with UK10 sized feet. However I have a pair of shimano shoes which are EU46. They fit great as well.......

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
well, probably no comparison but im going to see if these gripgrab overshoes i bought do it for me before forking out for a pair of the boots.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I bought the gaitors and will see how I get on with those and overshoes. I don`t get cold feet to be fair, but wet feet I like to avoid.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They've arrived..
The size 43 fits my feet beautifully. I'm usually a 8.5 in shoes.
The interior is plush and they feel very warm to wear.
I'm going to try them on the bike tomorrow, it's due to be below freezing. Winter spiked tyres fitted.
View attachment 566317

View attachment 566318

View attachment 566319
Could you perhaps take better pictures? I'm having awful trouble picking them out :eek:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
well i think im going to put in an order for a pair. the overshoes were good but my feet were still cold but not frozen. But the amount of faff to put them on then take them off again when you have limbs like a penguin after a cold ride sways the argument in the direction of the boot being the most logical option.

Top Bottom