PlanetX - calls in the administrators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@Alex321 - it is odd. An individual mainly selling imported clothing, varied history (and yes, the Google Maps review), suddenly buying up PlanetX using a finance vehicle.

I'm guessing the story will emerge eventually, either when it all comes crashing down or becomes a massive success.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
with inline 6 being the smoothest.

I used to have one of the old RWD Volvos with a 3l straight 6, creamy smooth engine. ^_^
I didn't buy it from planet X.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Very nice but would prefer something with 4 wheels when they sell cars again

Good morning,

I broke my commute bike frame this week and am contemplating a new bike, but no matter now pretty the video Planet X are not even under consideration.

The primary reason is that I am very unsure of their ability to offer and fulfill a warranty.

If I were to cough up the £2.5k plus for one of those titanium jobbies what happens in the event of an issue say 10 months down the line? I can easily imagine one of the following;
  • The great revival and restructuring plan failed and Planet X have closed down, to my mind this is much more likely than an existing business closing.
  • Planet X are still in business but do not have anything to replace the broken parts as they are just
    • Selling clothes
    • Selling basic aluminum bikes a-la Halfords Carrera
  • Will be struggling, agree that a replacement is due, but somehow it never arrives;
    • Stock when it arrives goes to new customers,
    • Planet X no longer deal with the original supplier and haven't replaced them
If the bike is going to be my commute bike I don't want it off the road for 3, 6, 9 months or more.

I can imagine many people who are considering a non trivial purchase to have similar concerns and these concerns rather than the actual products causing the revived company to fail.

I know that I am are getting used to £2.5k being almost entry level, but when it comes to give up the credit card number I still see it as a lot of money for very little bike.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom