PlanetX - calls in the administrators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
, "The OnOne Pickenflick Ti frame I have was the cheapest Ti I have bought (I have had six) but it has been the best, it has had some serious abuse but is still been ridden.
On my ride on Saturday I spoke to a cyclist riding a OnOne Pickenflick Ti . He must have rated it , he was 200k into a 600k audax .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Folk are just not buying as many bikes now . I’m definitely not not sure I’d even buy another for myself. I’m not alone , neither, at least two of my work colleagues , all/were die hard cyclists . Now not cycling , and not likely to buy anything , accessories or otherwise .
The cycling boom imo has peaked !

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought credit card protection only applied to purchases over £100?

I’ve certainly done for under £100 so I don’t know and having quickly looked at Natwest form, there’s no mention of £100 minimum.

One example, bought two pairs of cycling shorts in different sizes (would have been under £50 a pair), returned one, never got refund after many weeks. So raised a dispute, CC refunded the full amount, retailer was extremely quick to dispute that should only have been half. Sorted and I’ll never ever shop with them again.

vickster

Legendary Member
Folk are just not buying as many bikes now . I’m definitely not not sure I’d even buy another for myself. I’m not alone , neither, at least two of my work colleagues , all/were die hard cyclists . Now not cycling , and not likely to buy anything , accessories or otherwise .

Probably fewer C2W purchases too with more home/hybrid working?
Doubt I’ll ever buy another new bike unless an insurance replacement or similar.

Don’t buy reduced clothing on a whim now as even reduced clothing is more expensive than a few years ago and no longer justifiable as a bargain!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PX do seem to have been out of stock of some stuff for a while - e.g. helmets as mentioned above, but things like bar grips for MTB's. Fingers crossed something is sorted.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You can complain if you pay them and then they fold and you have to wait in line with the other creditors for your money back.

He bought them after the admin was announced, so legally has bought them from the administrator, who has a personal liability if the sale isn’t completed.

C R

Guru
Another slightly desperate sales email this morning.

Same here, but I can't seem to find anything I need/want in their website.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Probably fewer C2W purchases too with more home/hybrid working?
Doubt I’ll ever buy another new bike unless an insurance replacement or similar.

Don’t buy reduced clothing on a whim now as even reduced clothing is more expensive than a few years ago and no longer justifiable as a bargain!

C2W ! That’s a great example indeed . First time in about 15yrs I’ve got zero interest in buying anything cycle related ! In fact I’m about to donate a couple of bikes to charity and let my youngest use my cross bike for just kicking about with .
The niche stuff will always have buyers however ! 3yrs ago I was almost considering a fancy gravel bike with all the toys ! No way I could justify it now ! I’d actually more consider an electric scooter ( illegal ) if they drop the price of fairs for the train ! Won’t need my car much then !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’ve certainly done for under £100 so I don’t know and having quickly looked at Natwest form, there’s no mention of £100 minimum.

s75 applies to £100-£30000 on a credit card - a legal right
Chargeback is voluntary scheme most cards issuers sign up to , no minimum £ aplies to credit an d debit cards.

You're welcome!

Are you not just getting older ?

vickster

Legendary Member
s75 applies to £100-£30000 on a credit card - a legal right
Chargeback is voluntary scheme most cards issuers sign up to , no minimum £ aplies to credit an d debit cards.

You're welcome!
Well there you go, so he could have recourse if paid with CC :thumbsup:

Reactions: C R

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
No, it's gloss black - seems they have a lot of stock of them still.

cant see no evo or notus

1686041873349.png

Even on Carnacs own website. This is the only selection they have:

1686041913363.png

Top Bottom