Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Working Saturday, club ride on sunday.
Nothing special really.

marooncat

Off to Prague in about half an hour...back on Monday night (as long as BA meet the connection time at Heathrow this time, if not back Tuesday morning!!)

Plan to do lots of drinking :rolleyes:, lots of eating :thumbsdown:, watch lots of football :biggrin: (and not be on a bike all weekend :sad:)

Maz

Guru
Off to London with the family for a long weekend. Got plenty of ideas for places to visit from my 'congestion charge' thread. Cheers!

wafflycat

He was being a overconfident on the crutches & fell over. That was a couple of weeks ago. From then until yesterday he's been in a temporary plaster. Yesterday he had an ultrasound scan of his achilles tendons and it was confirmed as torn again. So it's probably another 12 weeks in plaster (he's got a full, proper plaster on again now) and on Tuesday when he's back at hospital we may find out if this time, they'll operate. So he's likely going to have over six months of the year in plaser, we me acting as chauffeur for work & play, so I have no time to be on the bikes at all.

Maz

Guru
I feel sorry for you and him, waffly. I spent 6 weeks with my leg in plaster with a broken metatarsal last summer. Can't imagine how 6 months would feel. It's the things you take for granted that suddenly become such a pain - climbing stairs, toilet trips, getting changed etc.

trio25

Über Member
You need to make some bike time in their wafflycat!

Sunday I'm doing a cross race and on saturday I might try and learn how to get on and off my bike a little faster, those cross riders make it look easy!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Saturday will be spent filling and varnishing the front window frames, then to the pub for a couple and then watching the tour of Lombady on the telly. Sunday will be spent on the bike with a couple of friends on a 30-40 mile ride.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Waffly, sounds painful for both of you - Mr W in the leg and you in the ... well, you can guess :wacko:

I'm sure MrW, being a true gent and all that, will ensure you get time out on the bike; he might even instruct/order you to "Go out and ride !" (having checked there is/isn't a monsoon downpour at the time xx()

Top Bottom