Police did an excellent job after incident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Also see a physio ASAP about your injuries - pelvis area is complex, and you can find yourself with small-but-long-lasting issues. Expensive to fix properly, so worth getting the insurers to pay.
(and if you're actually fine, well it was worth £45 to get properly checked IMO! )

After initially thinking that the tenderness around my right hip would be fine in a few days, a few days later and I'm genuinely having trouble walking for more than a few minutes without serve pain.

This is my the worst outcome, I not really interested in compensation or the bike, I just want my health. I am going to the A&E tomorrow, hopefully for a hip xray. :cursing:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've only just seen this thread.
I'm glad you and your good lady are ok....ish Guy.
Could have been so much worse. I hope tomorrow goes well. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
@GuyBoden - How is your recovery, Guy?

Hopefully, the aches and pains turned out to be due to just minor injuries, not anything more serious!

After the initial pain of the crash subsided, I am still having problems with a torn calf muscle and have been unable to walk very far, but it is slowly improving with physio exercises. 6-8 weeks is the estimated recovery time.

I have been avoiding the Cyclechat forum, as it reminds me that I am not able to get out on my bike at the moment. :cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After the initial pain of the crash subsided, I am still having problems with a torn calf muscle and have been unable to walk very far, but it is slowly improving with physio exercises. 6-8 weeks is the estimated recovery time.

I have been avoiding the Cyclechat forum, as it reminds me that I am not able to get out on my bike at the moment. :cry:
Oh dear. Well, let's hope at least that the 6-8 weeks is accurate.

I hope to organise a couple of Cheshire forum rides this year. I will wait until the summer to give you a chance to get back into action! :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I just mentioned this to a friend. He said that he was once in a stationary car behind a queue of traffic on Tenerife.

BANG!!!! A 94 year old man drove into the back of his car...

The old driver hadn't noticed that the 30+ cars in front of him were not moving! :whistle:

was once rear ended albeit slowly by someone whilst i was stopped at roadwork lights, bent the rear bumper and dented the rear door so it was fixed on their insurance.
My mother had her licence taken off her after the stroke but TBH she was having little bumps before so the stroke kind of sealed her fate .She was one of those who drove at 20 mph max and slowed down for oncoming cars on a 2 lane road so we knew she was struggling beforehand

Many years ago I stopped behind a sturdy Rover of some sort which had stopped for a lollipop lady conducting a crocodile of what seemed like an entire school of children across the road. Suddenly the bloke in the car on the other side of the crossing started flashing his headlights. I had just time to glance in my mirror and WHUMP! a Volvo had made my little Fiat the filling in a sandwich ... Fortunately, as it happened, the crumpling of my Fiat had prevented the Rover from being pushed into the crocodile of kids.
The driver claimed he 'didn't see' the stopped traffic on both sides of the road, the lollipop lady's lollipop, the crocodile of children on the pavement on both sides and across the road, the accompanying adults in high vis about every tenth child...
Neither I nor the driver of the Rover lost our no claims bonus - his car was repairable, mine was a write-off, and I'd not had it long - but I was led to understand that the driver of the Volvo - whose car sustained only minor cosmetic damage - was 'strongly advised' to relinquish his licence and his family were in full agreement that he would.
Both I and the Rover driver were thankful, in an odd sort of way, that we had been there in that position at that time, as our presence by chance had prevented something truly awful from happening, at the cost of only some inconvenience to us.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Many years ago I stopped behind a sturdy Rover of some sort which had stopped for a lollipop lady conducting a crocodile of what seemed like an entire school of children across the road. Suddenly the bloke in the car on the other side of the crossing started flashing his headlights. I had just time to glance in my mirror and WHUMP! a Volvo had made my little Fiat the filling in a sandwich ... Fortunately, as it happened, the crumpling of my Fiat had prevented the Rover from being pushed into the crocodile of kids.
The driver claimed he 'didn't see' the stopped traffic on both sides of the road, the lollipop lady's lollipop, the crocodile of children on the pavement on both sides and across the road, the accompanying adults in high vis about every tenth child...
Neither I nor the driver of the Rover lost our no claims bonus - his car was repairable, mine was a write-off, and I'd not had it long - but I was led to understand that the driver of the Volvo - whose car sustained only minor cosmetic damage - was 'strongly advised' to relinquish his licence and his family were in full agreement that he would.
Both I and the Rover driver were thankful, in an odd sort of way, that we had been there in that position at that time, as our presence by chance had prevented something truly awful from happening, at the cost of only some inconvenience to us.

nowadays tis sort of behaviour (and the other coupe of examples) aren't down to just the very aged who should have handed in their licences, its the relatively young texting on their phones...

Top Bottom