Police did an excellent job after incident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Not necessarily!

Yes, most of us grow old at some point its better than the alternative.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was rear ended a couple of times by perfectly able looking drivers. I had a towbar on my van and car and in one case the offending party was jumping about with rage while looking at the back of my car. “ not a scratch, not a scratch” he raged while looking also at his V shaped front bumper.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Now this is true, but old age can arrive carrying poor health and its own range of ailments which can make the autumn years less than pleasant.

As one of the older if not the oldest forum poster I can only agree with that. Just don’t ask me to talk about the problems as there is not enough time or space.
I still drive tho’ and feel perfectly in control but will not now attempt forays into large conurbations unless I know exactly where I am going and how to get there.
For example I would never now drive to Paisley Hospital which is not the easiest place to get to from the M8.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Now this is true, but old age can arrive carrying poor health and its own range of ailments which can make the autumn years less than pleasant.

That too is true. Whilst we all hope we'll be lucky enough to have a good innings, and fair enough, we will have to manage and accept the inevitable decline but none of us want to be clinging on for months and years in a miserable state.

D

Deleted member 1258

That too is true. Whilst we all hope we'll be lucky enough to have a good innings, and fair enough, we will have to manage and accept the inevitable decline but none of us want to be clinging on for months and years in a miserable state.

Sad but true.

Slick

Guru
As one of the older if not the oldest forum poster I can only agree with that. Just don’t ask me to talk about the problems as there is not enough time or space.
I still drive tho’ and feel perfectly in control but will not now attempt forays into large conurbations unless I know exactly where I am going and how to get there.
For example I would never now drive to Paisley Hospital which is not the easiest place to get to from the M8.

Your right of course, its not the easiest from the M8, but I don't think its changed in all my years, so I reckon you could manage it if you ever had to.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Your right of course, its not the easiest from the M8, but I don't think its changed in all my years, so I reckon you could manage it if you ever had to.

It has certainly not changed and I have been there several times but I had a white Transit then and nobody ever argues with a white tranny. My last visit I was taken down by NHS taxi and back by patient transport and it looked much busier than I remember with a bypass at one point near St James Interchange which was new to me.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
OP.

Yesterday was my first ride on a bike after a car drove into me in December 2022 and injured my leg.

My interest in cycling has sadly disappeared since the accident, but I enjoyed the few hours out on my bike with my wife yesterday.

Jameshow

Veteran
OP.

Yesterday was my first ride on a bike after a car drove into me in December 2022 and injured my leg.

My interest in cycling has sadly disappeared since the accident, but I enjoyed the few hours out on my bike with my wife yesterday.

Hope you can get out on the bike again?
Perhaps one of Colin's rides??

All uphill

Still rolling along
OP.

Good to have you back with us. :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

OP.

Well done, small steps, I hope this is the start and theres many more rides to come.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I was wondering how you were getting on. It isn't surprising that cycling doesn't seem quite so appealing after what happened to you back in December!

I hope that your interest in the bike returns soon.

Hope you can get out on the bike again?
Perhaps one of Colin's rides??
I hope to organise another Cheshire ride in the summer. Guy used to come on those.

Top Bottom