Poll: How often do you clean your bike?

How often do you clean your bike?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GoldDust

Regular
:welcome:

How often do you clean your bike? Or do you just clean the drivetrain after each ride. Would be interesting to see what the average clean is.:popcorn:

si_c

Guru
My bike is filthy at the moment. When the weather is nice I'd rather go for a ride than clean it. That plus commuting daily on it means it's just constantly grubby. Drive-train is not unclean though, I sometimes give it a wipe down at the end of the week and oil it if it needs it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My commuter gets a full clean once a week. If it's been raining on a commute then it gets a right old ragging.
My leisure bike gets a full clean after every ride.

Cold

If it's dry I only clean the drive train if its been damp/wet I give the bike a quick wash which takes about 5 minutes to do.

hedder2212

Mine never gets cleaned anymore. I simply cant be bothered.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not as often as I tell people that I do.

In summer my road* bike gets cleaned really after every ride, because it's light in the evenings and it's no problem to do it out in the back yard. In winter, when it really needs it, it's dark, and possibly raining, and I can't be arsed to put it up on the stand out the back.

* The posh one with big wheels. They all get ridden on the road, although none is a "road" bike as in sporty carbon job.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Worryingly, so far 27% of voters clean their bikes after every ride.
Mine live in my spare bedroom, so I have to keep them reasonably clean, but even then they get cleaned only when they need it, i.e. when I can be bothered!
I try to avoid wet weather riding which cuts the cleaning down considerably. During the odd spells of dry weather that we get, the bikes rarely get cleaned. If I've been out on wet roads or trails then probably after most rides - unless I know I'm going out in dirty conditions again in the near future.

Too busy riding them normally, I took the front wheel off the Carbon bike, and put the bike in the shower to clean it last night, because the crud was fouling the tyres between the forks, and the brakes wouldn't move.

Top Bottom