Poll: How often do you clean your bike?

How often do you clean your bike?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I do have 4.
2 in use, 2 gathering dust.
Do you dust them?

Mrs M

Guru
Clean the chain, etc every couple of rides. Give the rest a wipe over every so often. Have only washed my road bike twice since I got in in 2011.
Bought my former mountain bike from the same shop and got a telling off from the mechanic for over cleaning it. :blush:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I choose the "when it's dirty" option, but, really, at this time of year it (they) are always dirty.
What I do make sure, though, is that the bike I'm about to ride has clean rims and pads and an oiled chain. And inflated tyres of course.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How do you mountain bikers cope with dog doo daahs on your tyres? Road tyres tend to be smooth so they don't pick it up, but knobbly wide tyres and you can end up with a full Richard the 3rd stuck in your treads.xx( In 20 odd years of riding on public roads i must've had my road tyres christened by dog muck around a handful of times, due to owners not letting their dogs crap in the road, but off road it must be a major hazard.

Keith Oates

Janner
I clean the C40 after every ride but that resides in Manila so doesn't get ridden so often latterly the others get regularly cleaned but that depends on the weather when I've been for a ride.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs M

Guru
How do you mountain bikers cope with dog doo daahs on your tyres? Road tyres tend to be smooth so they don't pick it up, but knobbly wide tyres and you can end up with a full Richard the 3rd stuck in your treads.xx( In 20 odd years of riding on public roads i must've had my road tyres christened by dog muck around a handful of times, due to owners not letting their dogs crap in the road, but off road it must be a major hazard.
I had this "joy" yesterday on my shoes.
Treated same way as I would tyres. Dash of fairy liquid, small (disposable) brush and the garden hose, squirt, scrub, then blast with the hose. It was a "squidger" as well :thumbsdown:. Did the trick.

Jimidh

Veteran
Depends on the weather really.

Road bikes don't get cleaned if I've been out on a Sunny dry day but they'll get a clean down if they come back dirty.

The MTB usually gets cleaned after most rides as it is usually filthy especially the drive train.

That being said I do have a 12 year old bike daft son who loves cleaning bikes for a small fee - and he makes a better job than I do with them.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My Cube (best)- if it's dirty after a ride it gets a clean. That could be a wipe the crap off it feeble effort or a wheels off , full wash n wipe job.

Commute bike- I try for weekly in the winter, it was minging last week, so I pressure washed it:eek: as I was short on time.

The tandem has yet to get dirty.

D

Deleted member 1258

My bikes get a wash down once a week and a polish once a month, I brought them to ride not to endlessly clean and polish.

Tojo

Über Member
After every ride a wipe down with the road bikes and if ive been single track on the MTB its got to be a good wash every time as my bikes live in the house so I really don't have any other option.......:tired:

Top Bottom