Poll: How often do you clean your bike?

How often do you clean your bike?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wyvern

I have almost no choice but to clean my bike almost every ride, it lives in the house and swmbo can only be pacified if it's spangly and shiny.

bladesman73

Über Member
Only go out on my racer when its dry..try not to wash it too much as this can lead to water penetration in areas that you dont need it in.so on that bike I wipe the chain and rear casette after each ride,wash it once per month. Commuter gets washed every weekend

Effyb4

Veteran
I aim to clean my commuter bike once a week, but in practise it is more often fortnightly. My best bike gets a clean after a couple of rides.

Ciar

Veteran
the commuter rarely i normally just check chain and clean and oil, where as my MTB at this time of year ends up caked in mud so gets a good clean and lube sessions dried and then put away until the next muddy adventure ;-)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Every couple of rides, unless it gets really filthy dirty. My roadie is a state but It was dark when I got back and the HA still hasn't fixed the bathroom light fitting. It needs a whole new one and they say that a qualified electrician has to do it. I am happy to let them but at the moment, I have no light in that bit of the flat and don't think cleaning in the dark, is likely to result in a good job. I'll do it tomorrow before taking it out for a ride.
If the bike comes back clean, after a ride, I clean the drivetrain and will maybe give the bike a wipe with a wetwipe. I'm not completely precious about them, I'm too lazy for that.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Every year I'll completely strip 2 of em down and clean, re-lube (and re-cable probably also fit a new chain/cassette if they need it.)
This year it has been the Equipe that's had a full strip/rebuild and the Raleigh City 3spd has been built up with a mix of new and refurbished components. Next year is the Ridgeback and probably the Raleigh Outlander but my mileage this year has been very low due to the leg.

Summer: only when it's not clean on return, which means not often.
This time of year: it lives indoors and will invariably be covered in varying quantities of grass which has been processed, end-to-end, through a cow, so cleaned every time.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The whole bike rarely gets clean as the next time I ride it it will be filthy especially at this time of year. I cleaned it last when I replaced the wheel a few weeks ago though I have done the chain since.

Top Bottom