Possible Overtraining?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think flu viruses only incubate for a few days. However, if you've been run down for a while, that might explain why you've succumbed to it

GWS :smile:

midlife

Guru
Personally I'd go and see the doc anyway, lots of things can lay you low from lymes disease to Epstein Barr virus.

Gws :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
M

Mm87

Thanks, it was wishful thinking that all these issues I've been having was due to this Flu, but more likely been caused by being rundown anyway like you say. Certainly will be getting checked out when feeling better! :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks, it was wishful thinking that all these issues I've been having was due to this Flu, but more likely been caused by being rundown anyway like you say. Certainly will be getting checked out when feeling better! :smile:
Surely it's better to get checked out while you are ill?!

OP
OP
M

Mm87

Surely it's better to get checked out while you are ill?!

As unpleasant as this is, i think it's just typical Flu, plus Drs aren't to keen on seeing you being contagious, I'm sure its peaked now so I'll endure it for a few days and see how it goes, if it hasn't improved in a few days I'll make an appointment.

But I'll be getting checked out for feeling rubbish the past few months anyway (when better from this Flu).

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
As unpleasant as this is, i think it's just typical Flu, plus Drs aren't to keen on seeing you being contagious, I'm sure its peaked now so I'll endure it for a few days and see how it goes, if it hasn't improved in a few days I'll make an appointment.

Proper flu and you cannot get out of bed for a P, you will know it if that is what it was.

OP
OP
M

Mm87

Proper flu and you cannot get out of bed for a P, you will know it if that is what it was.

Yeah pretty sure its the Flu, been in bed all day unable to get up, went downstairs to get a drink of water and almost fainted and throw up the same time! :smile: unable to sit downstairs so back to bed! Good stuff! :smile:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think alot depends on other factors in you life .
From what i have read you seem to have gone from unfit to pretty fit . If you have a full time job also then you are adding extra load to your life and its going to be a shock to your system . now you're ill , not surprising really as you're run down .
Look at it another way , you have taken on another job so your body needs the extra fuel . Ditch the sport food and look at what you are eating to fuel the rides and if you feel tired have a nap . Nothing wrong with falling asleep on the sofa for an hour after 30-40 miles . Its the law in my house :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah pretty sure its the Flu, been in bed all day unable to get up, went downstairs to get a drink of water and almost fainted and throw up the same time! :smile: unable to sit downstairs so back to bed! Good stuff! :smile:
Paracetamol and plenty of rest and fluids then. And don't go back to work until you are properly recovered, not fair on you and importantly your colleagues!

OP
OP
M

Mm87

Paracetamol and plenty of rest and fluids then. And don't go back to work until you are properly recovered, not fair on you and importantly your colleagues!

Thanks will do! Definitely not the type to go into work/college with the lurgy! (selfish exposing others, hate those people!) Luckily off for another week anyway! :smile:

OP
OP
M

Mm87

I think alot depends on other factors in you life .
From what i have read you seem to have gone from unfit to pretty fit . If you have a full time job also then you are adding extra load to your life and its going to be a shock to your system . now you're ill , not surprising really as you're run down .
Look at it another way , you have taken on another job so your body needs the extra fuel . Ditch the sport food and look at what you are eating to fuel the rides and if you feel tired have a nap . Nothing wrong with falling asleep on the sofa for an hour after 30-40 miles . Its the law in my house :okay:

Thanks for your advice, will definitely be taking nutrition more seriously after this! And maybe not so full on with the mileage/intensity. :smile:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks for your advice, will definitely be taking nutrition more seriously after this! And maybe not so full on with the mileage/intensity. :smile:
Nothing wrong with the mileage/intensity you just need to teach yourself how to deal with it . That may mean going to bed earlier and changing your lifestyle a bit but its all up to you .

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fitn...s-22330?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Detraining: The truth about losing fitness:
The fitness mantra, you must ‘use it or lose it!' might be a bit of a cliché, but it turns out that this saying perfectly sums up one of the key principles of fitness and exercise - reversibility. At a time of year when it's tempting to leave the bike in the shed, it's even more important to maintain fitness ... .

Top Bottom