Possibly the Best Bike Shop in the World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I were a lad, we used to go on holiday to Scarborough on a chara. Foreign holidays hadn't been invented then. First stop from Chorley was a coaching in at the bottom of the hill in Gisburn. Was it called the Coronation?

When I were a lad, we used to go on holiday to Scarborough on a chara. Foreign holidays hadn't been invented then. First stop from Chorley was a coaching in at the bottom of the hill in Gisburn. Was it called the Coronation?
can't help you there darius.
Was that where you learned as an infant about adultery before graduating to the fleshpots of cleveleys?
edit - have just looked that trip up on google maps - clearly a long time ago for you to be heading that way - pre several motorways.

Last edited:
I think zilla's impression may be from a few years ago. I used to associate them with good value budget dayride bikes, often blue and ally. But they have as you say gone way upmarket since then. Left their roots behind to tap into the new golf market. I liked your initial post as useful info. May well pop in as I said See if they do anything like an electric hybrid. For the future decrepitude.

But going back even further Ribble had their name on some very nice steel framed bikes made by respected frame builders, so you could argue that the current policy is a return to “upmarket but good value”

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Blimey, that's a bit different from when I went to buy a Dura Ace Groupset from them. Dingy industrial unit tucked away somewhere in the back of Preston that took me an age to fine.

Looks too 'Pinarello' to me, and even their shop's not that fancy.

What's the new scent - GT86 ?

Got love the sweet smell of a Toyota

Top Bottom