Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0888.JPG

Lola our Tibetan Terrier

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
View attachment 352850

Lola our Tibetan Terrier

I was gonna say it looks a bit like @Drago after a night at the pub

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
10 Years ago, a couple of days after we got him from the Rescue Kennels...Jed the wonder dog sneaking up on an unsuspecting upside down water bowl
IMG_1100.JPG

10 years later....Jed the "wonder what I just did" dog
17903502_10212658414195047_518683983080259068_n.jpg

When we got him he was around 10-13 months old (vet's best guess), wasn't house trained, chewed everything (2 mobile phones, 1 blue tooth headset, a copy of the PADI Rescue Diver course manual, most of my 4 yo son's teddy bears, inumerable socks, trainers, sandals, flip flops), loved every single person who he came into contact with, and distrusted every single dog he came into contact with. He has chunks missing from his lugs, and when he we got him he had scars on his muzzle, so we think he might have been a bait dog (staffie cross), given his reaction from an early age to other dogs.

Nowadays he makes Sleeping Beauty look like an amatuer when it comes to the sleep stakes, grumbles at the window cleaner for waking him up, and still distrusts other dogs. He has though made friends with a neighbour's border terrier, which is all good. He is also really good at ignoring my niece's cats when he goes to stay with her when we go away.

Last edited:

Reynard

Guru
@Mrs M - that's about par for course LOL.

Lexi is still obsessed with her wicker basket and Poppy has taken over a radiator bed that everyone has ignored in the year since I bought it after I told another cat friend that she could have it for her furry gang.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
we've partially adopted our neighbours little moggy as they cant really afford to pay for it. She begs for food outside our front door all the time :sad:

KLATZm66GK965NOTEqYgRCi5Rg87jK1tiLXkcQwG8sURwOlA6BiesIo0vDVzLMKL_iZSN5bDaJrOEH7SD=w2260-h1271-no.jpg

Someone said that she had worms but worm meds are expensive and shes not our cat -- we feed her the £1.75 catfood from Aldi's and she scoffs it down.

Reynard

Guru
Worm meds aren't expensive. You can get Drontal tablets (which tackle every form of internal parasite) for around £1.50 each online e.g. VetUK. If you can handle her, worth a try. Else you can also get Panacur granules, also online, which you can mix with food. If she's scarfing food at that rate (a good indication of worm infestation), she might not notice the Panacur. Anything you buy in the supermarket / pet shop isn't effective.

Reynard

Guru
thanks for the recommendations. I'll have a look at it.

YW xxx :hugs:

I used to get Drontal for the girls until I switched their flea treatment to Advocate, which does both fleas and worms. You might want to check if she's got fleas, because fleas are part of the worm infection cycle; they are vectors for worm eggs.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So it turned out that the neighbours little moggy also had kittens :laugh::laugh:

She bought them around for breakfast. Much to my father's disgust as looking after the cats is a joint effort.

Momma cat bought her two little balls of fluff over for breakfast just as i was wheeling the bike out to head to work :wub::wub:

Top Bottom