1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-Punk - Which is the greatest album?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dmoan, 19 Jan 2008.

?
  1. Public Image Limited - Metal Box

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Magazine - Real Life

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Killing Joke - Killing Joke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above - another post-punk classic

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. None of the above - post-punk was an abomination

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

I have recently become addicted to listening to Public Image Ltd - Metal Box, to the point where I listen to it walking home from work, listen to it in the gym and then listen again on the walk into work. I am utterly smitten by the 'sound' of the album (I would be more than happy if it was instrumental).

The poll is 4 of my all time favourite records - all released between 1978 -1980. I was born in 1971, which means that John Peel mananged to positively influence a child of 7-9 years old to love some edgy, some might say, negative sounds.

I absolutely love all 4 of these albums and could not contenance being parted from them. i permanently have ripped to both my mobile phone and my MP3 player (just in case of battery issues).

I think I might be a little obsessed ...

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

FFS, Entertainment, obviously

:blush:

3. col

col Veteran

That was a great period for new wave punks,Do you remember the devolution band,wierd but fun,999 also has some good songs,And one really wierd group,the dickies,now there was group:smile:

4. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Too quick - the poll wasn't ready - vote!

(I bet I know what your vote will be!)

5. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

And I think you will find, bollocks!

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Well put it on the bloody poll then!

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I have a Devo album, and a few singles. PiL were good too, I have "Paris in the Spring" (though I haven't listened to it in about 12 yrs!!!!). I had Metal Box in the Metal Box, but I don't seem to have it any more. Odd that....:sad:

8. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

where's back in the dhss then?

9. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

OT - If your location (In A Rut) means what I think it means - The Crack is actually one of my favourite albums of all time - it is also an album which I never leave the house without.

10. col

col Veteran

Ill have to have a dig around the attic,iv got a few somewhere,devo,999,blondie,boomtown rats,police,stranglers,and even a yellow vinyle of the dickies too i think?

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

12. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Doesn't count as post-punk. Post-pub at best, I think

13. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

It does. You're the only person ever to notice it.

14. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Fantastic band - I still have pristine 7" singles. Something That I Said is so intricately connected to a point in my life that it makes me cry!

15. dmoan

dmoan Über Member