Post-Punk - Which is the greatest album?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dmoan, 19 Jan 2008.

?
  1. Public Image Limited - Metal Box

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Magazine - Real Life

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Killing Joke - Killing Joke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of the above - another post-punk classic

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. None of the above - post-punk was an abomination

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

I have recently become addicted to listening to Public Image Ltd - Metal Box, to the point where I listen to it walking home from work, listen to it in the gym and then listen again on the walk into work. I am utterly smitten by the 'sound' of the album (I would be more than happy if it was instrumental).

The poll is 4 of my all time favourite records - all released between 1978 -1980. I was born in 1971, which means that John Peel mananged to positively influence a child of 7-9 years old to love some edgy, some might say, negative sounds.

I absolutely love all 4 of these albums and could not contenance being parted from them. i permanently have ripped to both my mobile phone and my MP3 player (just in case of battery issues).

I think I might be a little obsessed ...

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

FFS, Entertainment, obviously

:blush:

3. col

col Veteran

That was a great period for new wave punks,Do you remember the devolution band,wierd but fun,999 also has some good songs,And one really wierd group,the dickies,now there was group:smile:

4. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Too quick - the poll wasn't ready - vote!

(I bet I know what your vote will be!)

5. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

And I think you will find, bollocks!

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Well put it on the bloody poll then!

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I have a Devo album, and a few singles. PiL were good too, I have "Paris in the Spring" (though I haven't listened to it in about 12 yrs!!!!). I had Metal Box in the Metal Box, but I don't seem to have it any more. Odd that....:sad:

8. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

where's back in the dhss then?

9. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

OT - If your location (In A Rut) means what I think it means - The Crack is actually one of my favourite albums of all time - it is also an album which I never leave the house without.

10. col

col Veteran

Ill have to have a dig around the attic,iv got a few somewhere,devo,999,blondie,boomtown rats,police,stranglers,and even a yellow vinyle of the dickies too i think?

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

12. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Doesn't count as post-punk. Post-pub at best, I think

13. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

It does. You're the only person ever to notice it.

14. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

Fantastic band - I still have pristine 7" singles. Something That I Said is so intricately connected to a point in my life that it makes me cry!

15. OP
    OP
    dmoan

dmoan Über Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice